SO glad some things have changed!

HA! I am looking at a photo of our 1972 family cruise on the 18,000 gt song of norway.

A sea day in the summer and a total of 17 people are in the shot. The lifeboats are the uncovered titanic types.

And only two are actually in the pool!

376310_3963810986692_70476247_n.jpg

I was going thru photos of our first cruise on the Holiday in 2002 and found this, yes this is the one and only pool on the ship! There were two hot tubs also. But she was a great cruise to go on!

That's very cool!I think I will love it if I am in there~~~~

That is incorrect. Veendam has two pools.

I was on it in May it has just one pool, unless you count something that is 6 inchs deep a pool. They had 2 pools than removed one a couple of years ago, there have been many complaints about removing the pool.

We loved that back "open" pool on the "Veendam". We (and just about everyone else) were very disappointed when they took it out and put in "the retreat" with it's two 6 inch deep "wading pools"...we were on it to Bermuda not that long ago and I don't think there was ever anyone in them. But by taking out the pool, they got more cabins on the decks below where the pool was located.

We loved that back "open" pool on the "Veendam". We (and just about everyone else) were very disappointed when they took it out and put in "the retreat" with it's two 6 inch deep "wading pools"...we were on it to Bermuda not that long ago and I don't think there was ever anyone in them. But by taking out the pool, they got more cabins on the decks below where the pool was located.

also that sea view pool that was removed was normaly considered the adult pool. I would not book Veendam to any warm weather location since the one pool will most likely we taken over by kids ( not a big deal for us since we have a pool in the backyard)

Archived