Anyone recently off Destiny HMC??

simkoreb

There's not a lot out there, but from what I've read it sounds like the tendering is a hassle from the Destiny to shore, which I tend to stress about. I don't want to wait 45 min or more for a tender...that's wasted beach/fun time! Can anyone else confirm/deny this??

I reserved a cabana, partially so I can get off the ship in a timely manner, but I may cancel it. It's just me and DH, and that's a chunk of change. But we will be there in August, and I'm sure it will be hot...I don't know what to do!

Thanks in advance!

I can't help you with any specifics about the Destiny or the procedure for those who have rented cabanas, but I can say from my visits to HMC on other ships that the tendering process can be a pain - going to a certain lounge to stand in line for tender tickets, then standing around waiting for your assigned time to tender.

As an alternative, we have taken to waiting until after the crowding for tenders is over by late morning. We may even have lunch on board as we aren't crazy about the barbecue on the island. By then, we can walk right on a tender and enjoy the afternoon on the island. It is typically so hot that we don't want to spend all day on the island anyway. By early afternoon, people are returning to the ship, reducing the crowds on the beach. We typically stay until the last tender.

As a way to enjoy beautiful HMC in a stress-free way, this is a plan that works for us. It's also economical - no cabana rental! ;)

Enjoy your cruise, whatever you decide about HMC.

I have never sailed the Destiny. But I have been to HMC 3 different times and each time it was pretty simple getting to the shore. It was always a cluster of long lines returning to the ship. Last time in HMC we had a cabana that gave us early tender tickets as well and we were ashore in no time.

Although I have never been on the Destiny, I did go to HMC on the Liberty (A larger ship). The tender process is very simple when getting of the ship as you still need to get a ticket. For the tenders in HMC it is very quick and can hold around 150-200 passengers (based on what the size of the tender). but of course, going back you will deal with long lines. a note for the Tenders in HMC, the part when it is ship to tender is roughly the same level as Land ports so there are no gangway stairs to climb.

as you said how you say there is not much on HMC, mainly that it is Carnival Corp's private island, so you can use your sail & sign card over there for drinks at the bar. also I recommend eating the food that chefs make for this island.

we have sailed Destiny twice and rented a cabana each time and I didn't think that the tender to the island wasn't a pain, we were on either the 1st or 2nd tender....but, getting back to the ship we had to wait in a long line to get on the tender, that was a pain...so plan departure from the island back to the ship accordingly. Don't stress about it...have fun.:D

We visited HMC via Destiny in May 2011 and 2012. If you have a cabana rented you will get priority tendering to the island. You do have to go line up and I believe they lined us up down the hall on deck 1. You may get on the first tender but then you have to wait until the entire boat is filled (upper and lower decks) and this is what results in the delay. It's a very big tender boat and we've sat there 20-30 minutes before waiting for the tender to fill up before it left. It's not a difficult tender process by any means (if you have excursion/cabana tickets). Both times I've been there we've had the Private Oasis or regular cabanas rented so I can't comment about the experience for people that don't have excursion tickets.

We were on the Destiny end of May...We did have to wait awhile for the tender. We had the mind set, lets wait for the crowd to die down(but i think everyone had that same mind set). I think your best option is keep the cabana for priority tender or be there early so you get one of the first tickets. I think if we were down there waiting when they started handing out tickets we wouldn't of had such a wait. The staff kinda confirmed this with us when we asked them about the wait process. We waited about 1 hr. but did not go to get tender ticket until they had been tendering for an hour or so already. Not much there in HMC except beach but it is a beach not to miss. Water very calm & shallow, just beautiful. If you have a cabana you'll be fine, if not it's best to walk all the way down to end heading left if have trouble finding chairs. People tend to take the first ones they see instead of walking down a ways....It is definitely a gorgeous beach day.....

I have been to HMC twice and had a cabana both times.

We went over on the first tender and that was great.

There is a long line getting off the island around 3:30ish.

Keep your cabana and have a great time....we sure did :D

Interesting that Carnival is never consistent with the priority tender. I am platinum and rented a cabana for half moon bay and didn't get priority tender there or back for either being platinum or renting the cabana...I was told I had to wait with everyone else to get off and back on.

I was on the Destiny in May 2012 and had rented a Cabana and there was a line of 100s of others that had booked excursions in line at 9:30am. There was a problem with one Tender and we didn't get the 1st tender until 10:20am. I was in line at 9:30am and got on the 3rd tender. The couple before me had a 10:30am excursion and I hope they held up the excursion because of the lateness of the tenders.

I read a review after mine that said the tender process on the Destiny was terrible. I really don't think the ship has the tendering process down.

Whether or not you get priority tendering, I wouldn't give up the Cabana. I loved it. It was the best part of HMC and I would definately do it again if I get to visit there.

I have been to HMC twice and had a cabana both times.

We went over on the first tender and that was great.

There is a long line getting off the island around 3:30ish.

Keep your cabana and have a great time....we sure did :D

Sorry, I was not on the Destiny either cruise....it must be a Destiny issue:confused:

Interesting that Carnival is never consistent with the priority tender. I am platinum and rented a cabana for half moon bay and didn't get priority tender there or back for either being platinum or renting the cabana...I was told I had to wait with everyone else to get off and back on.

Maybe it was a problem with the specific ship you were on? I am platinum also and rented a cabana in May while on the Destiny. We went to the guest services desk and without even asking a representative saw the platinum card and asked if we were ready to get off the ship. We were sailing with a group and he said we were allowed to take 5 non-platinums per person with us. He walked us right down to zero and we were among the first off. We also were able to get priority tendering back to the ship and were able to avoid a very long line.

Maybe it was a problem with the specific ship you were on? I am platinum also and rented a cabana in May while on the Destiny. We went to the guest services desk and without even asking a representative saw the platinum card and asked if we were ready to get off the ship. We were sailing with a group and he said we were allowed to take 5 non-platinums per person with us. He walked us right down to zero and we were among the first off. We also were able to get priority tendering back to the ship and were able to avoid a very long line.
So you got priority on and off and when I asked the Carnival person in charge of the tenders, he acted like this was something he never heard of for Platinum or Diamond members. Consistency among ships is a major problem for Carnival!

So you got priority on and off and when I asked the Carnival person in charge of the tenders, he acted like this was something he never heard of for Platinum or Diamond members. Consistency among ships is a major problem for Carnival!

Yes there was a Carnival Officer (I'm assuming officer cuz he was dressed all in white with hat) and I showed him my platinum card and asked if we could get priority tendering back. He said yes and put us in line with the all the people with wheelchairs and/or small children.

Archived