Warning for smokers on the Breeze

Irishlinny

[quote name='hihello']So? Just go up to deck 11, then. LOL...I don't understand what the problem is. It would take you like 15 seconds to go up the elevator and then voila- you can smoke.
I never had a problem on the Miracle- but maybe it's just because I don't sit and smoke my vacation away...[/quote
I just erased my response, but if you choose a 15 second ride, hurry through a few puffs and go back, well that's up to you. For many of us it's a social time, not a need for a quick puff.

[quote name='dave_k63']I would never, ever put it past the federal government ( or some state governments) to totally ban smoking. But you can bet one thing - the taxes paid by smokers would be made up somewhere. Most likely something that everyone has to use - like groceries, gas,medicine, utilities,luxury tax on restaurants, liquor, electronics, and don't forget increased income taxes.[/quote]

There will be a so-called "Fat" tax where they'll be taxing soda, cookies, etc. But don't worry though...it's all about the children! That's the story they use here in California. Unfortunately, most of the tax money they get from cigarettes goes into the general fund where it is spent on everything other than children programs or cancer research.

i am a non smoker of 13 yrs and i do have empathy for all you smokers. i am just wondering if anyone knows how the eciggerettes are being excepted on the ships. i have been around a ecig smoker and it is not smelly at all.

[quote name='dustyroad']i am a non smoker of 13 yrs and i do have empathy for all you smokers. i am just wondering if anyone knows how the eciggerettes are being excepted on the ships. i have been around a ecig smoker and it is not smelly at all.[/QUOTE]

ECigs are only allowed in the same places as regular cigs at this point.

As far as the Breeze..... It will be interesting to see how it goes BUT I am going to book her anyway. I will be sailing with other smokers this time and we WILL be booking a balcony cabin. I recently sailed on the Miracle as well and I was with a non-smoker friend and an inside cabin. I wound up having no problems and accomodated BUT smoking is a social thing for sure :rolleyes: and since I will be sailing with other smoker on the Breeze as opposed to non-smoker when I sailed the Miracle I know it will be a little different

[quote name='hihello']So? Just go up to deck 11, then. LOL...I don't understand what the problem is. It would take you like 15 seconds to go up the elevator and then voila- you can smoke.
I never had a problem on the Miracle- but maybe it's just because I don't sit and smoke my vacation away...[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Miracle still allows smoking on Lido...I had no problem there either. And I don't smoke my vacation away either, but it's nice to be able to sit at a table with friends, order drinks and have a cigarette without leaving.:rolleyes:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[quote=RuthlessBoss;34469337
I just erased my response, but if you choose a 15 second ride, hurry through a few puffs and go back, well that's up to you. For many of us it's a social time, not a need for a quick puff.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Precisely![/SIZE][/FONT]
[quote name='dustyroad']i am a non smoker of 13 yrs and i do have empathy for all you smokers. i am just wondering if anyone knows how the eciggerettes are being excepted on the ships. i have been around a ecig smoker and it is not smelly at all.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]That's very mature of you!:) And yes, it would be better if we could use E-cigs, but those are only allowed in smoking areas...go figure.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='LizaMM']ECigs are only allowed in the same places as regular cigs at this point.

As far as the Breeze..... It will be interesting to see how it goes BUT I am going to book her anyway. I will be sailing with other smokers this time and we WILL be booking a balcony cabin. I recently sailed on the Miracle as well and I was with a non-smoker friend and an inside cabin. I wound up having no problems and accomodated BUT smoking is a social thing for sure :rolleyes: and since I will be sailing with other smoker on the Breeze as opposed to non-smoker when I sailed the Miracle I know it will be a little different[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I'll let you know after we sail;) I'm slowly noticing the changes and how they are effecting my cruise experience, and while thus far it hasn't made me stop cruising, the writing is on the wall. Time to keep my options open....[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']Interesting.

Has anyone smoked in the cabin and paid the $250 fine?[/quote]

Dont do it.. It sets a alarm off on the bridge and tells what cabin it is..

[SIZE=3][quote name='dustyroad'] I am just wondering if anyone knows how the eciggerettes are being accepted on the ships. I have been around an ecig smoker and it is not smelly at all.[/quote][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I've never seen a crew member say anything to a passenger about smoking in nonsmoking sections whether an ecig or a regular cigarette is involved. Sometimes other passengers (myself included) mention to smokers that they are in nonsmoking areas.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]On my last cruise, several times I saw someone using ecigs in nonsmoking areas, and I'm certain other passengers noticed as well. Nobody ever, to my knowledge, said anything about it. I never saw it happen in the MDR, so I don't know if other passengers would have objected to that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Archived