Home from the Zuiderdam with good news!!!!

thecook

I also just got home from the Zuiderdam to Alaska. Wonderful cruise. Yes, the Zuiderdam is looking a little tired. I think it is the carpets, mostly. They are very stained and worn. New carpets are a must. Crew was out cleaning and polishing galore. Our toilet backed up. It took two hours to get fixed. Our DVD player in our cabin didn't work. Just a few little glitches but still a great cruise.

Just a little TLC and she will be even better. She has a great crew. I will also write a full review in the next few days.

Welcome Home.

Looking forward to your review.

DH and I got in late last night from this past week's sailing (same as Umbarger). We also had a fantastic cruise! No toilet issues in our cabin, though it sounds like there were issues elsewhere on the ship. The weather cooperated, Glacier Bay was absolutely incredible with the sun shining. I already wish I was back on board :p

Just forgot to add a funny little story. The partition between our balcony and the next one would rattle in the wind like mad. Drove us crazy. My wonderful husband took his handy dandy multi tool (He never travels anywhere without it) and tightened the loose screws in it. Never bothered us again. I'm sure I could have called maintenance and had it fixed but it only took my husband two minutes to do it. Husbands are wonderful.... (Well most of the time anyway)

Umbarger, do you mind telling what deck you were on? We are sailing in November on 11 night Panama Canal and are hoping we have no problems with cabin. TIA

We were on deck 6 cabin number 6161. At least the balcony partition won't rattle in that cabin. lol

We were on deck 6 cabin number 6161. At least the balcony partition won't rattle in that cabin. lol

Thanks for your quick reply. We are also on Deck 6 (6107) and other family members have 6105 so we are planning to open the partition between us if we can, so hopefully we won't have a problem with it rattling. Thanks, again! We are really getting excited and have booked a few excursions already, (also airfare with SW as soon as the date came open to book). Really glad we did, as airfare has almost gone up double to what we booked at.

Archived