ATD on Legend

gred1994

I just read two reviews that the ATD on the Legend was terrible. Has anyone had a good experience??

It will just be DH and I...

I thought they di beepers and then we could gt a drink elsewhere. Thoughts? Comments??

I just read two reviews that the ATD on the Legend was terrible. Has anyone had a good experience??

I thought they di beepers and then we could gt a drink elsewhere. Thoughts? Comments??

Its not so much ATD it was the MDR in general. I talked to people who had set dining and they had the same problems, 3 hour dinners and cold food (we never ordered multiples of anything but appetizers and then it was 2 at the most). We did not see one show (theater show) because our dinner took forever, I mean we were seated for ATD right away, it was getting the food that was the issue. After about the 3rd day I just blame myself, because I should have gone to the Lido, but I had an excuse for them every night and our past experiences with the MDR have been so wonderful. I read great reviews about the Legend, so maybe they were just having an off week, but based on my experience I would not sail on it again. I know you didn't ask for all that LOL, sorry I tanged.

Hi, my husband & I did ATD on Legend in August and we had no problems whatsoever. We did get a pager the first night and we waited maybe 15 minutes. Maybe we were just lucky. But the rest of the nights we were seated right away.

We did ATD last September on Legend and didn't have any problems waiting for a table. I would estimate we tried to go to dinner about 6:45 - 7pm each night. We never waited any longer than 15 minutes (we wait far longer for the popular places at home) for a table for 2 and they provided us a beeper that works everywhere except your cabin.

We had ATD on the Legend in Dec 2011. 1st 2 nights food was very slow, then 3rd night got a different waiter & it was much better. All 7 nights got seated right away. I think it depends on the time you go, read another thread that made sense. Even if waiters are good, they have to wait on galley to send your food, the galley seems to be on the set time schedule. So go close to the set time dining & food should be quicker. They may just be training new wait staff, as was the case our 1st 2 nights. Once we had an experienced waiter, all was much better.

We had ATD on the Legend in Dec 2011. 1st 2 nights food was very slow, then 3rd night got a different waiter & it was much better. All 7 nights got seated right away. I think it depends on the time you go, read another thread that made sense. Even if waiters are good, they have to wait on galley to send your food, the galley seems to be on the set time schedule. So go close to the set time dining & food should be quicker. They may just be training new wait staff, as was the case our 1st 2 nights. Once we had an experienced waiter, all was much better.

We did, we went to the dining room around 8:30 each night, we had several waiters and the same type of service and our food was cold Every night. Like I said many people had this problem, it was not just indicative of ATD. Maybe we just had the bad week cruise lol! I am glad your experience was good though.:)

We did, we went to the dining room around 8:30 each night, we had several waiters and the same type of service and our food was cold Every night. Like I said many people had this problem, it was not just indicative of ATD. Maybe we just had the bad week cruise lol! I am glad your experience was good though.:)

Sorry yours wasn't good. We always went to ATD kinda early, like right before the 6PM seating. Again sorry for your experience.

We did anytime dining and we never waited more than 5 minutes. Food was cold yes....I would not say it was ATD that was the problem. Overall, I LOVE ATD. No way I would go back again. It was so nice to be able to do what I want until the time I was ready to eat. Just like a real vacation! :cool:

LOL on the plus side I didn't have to cook it. I like your name, My shih tzu is named Bandit. I had to giggle.

That is funny. LOL but I am not married to your dog. HaHa My hubby has been nicknamed bandit since 1969, I don't wish to hijack this thread so will leave it at that. Have a good day all.

Archived