Carnival banning TA perks - affect HAL? (two merged threads)

kyriecat

I agree, it is all down to the demand curve.

But when we can get the same cruise on let's say Millennium that we can on Noordam, and get it for 33 percent less, price has made our decision very easy.

Now, it may not be the same next year, or on another route. But on the route that we want now it is, and was, the case.

By all means...... I'm sure it'll be a wonderful cruise.

We're 'all about HAL' but certainly understand when folks go to the cruise line that gives the best price. If it is very similar itinerary/date and it suits you, then why not?!! :)

Have a great time.

Simply said!!!! I will not book Carnival again, or any other Carnival owned company, again. :mad:

Now thatMy wife and I are retired, we have over 20 cruises and always have 2 cruises on the books each year.

The bottom line is: CARNIVAL IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE MORE MONEY!

Everyone can call this toll-free number to express their dislikes. 1-888-227-6482

Boycotting all of the Carnival brand is exrteme. They operate many cruise lines.

We may not like it but we will still select by ship/itinerary/price.

If a Carnival Corp. ship is the best for us then that is what we will book. Our price comparison is always done on net price-net of all OBC's. We do not place any value on freebees like a bottle of plonk or dinner at a pay restaurant. That is not to say the we don't frequent these places but our comparison is always on hard dollars and our perception the ship and then the cruise line.

I am not a believer in calling. I always think voting with one's feet is more effective. That hits them where it hurts...

But you are right. It is about making more money-at the expense of customers and I strongly suspect utlimately at the expense of the TA's. Tjere is no magic to it-you just have to look at the numbers and see where the possibilities lie. This is exactly what the airlines did.

Archived