What happens if you are bumped from a handicap spa cabin?

Maryscooking

Ok I am almost afraid to post this thread because I don't want to start a war about able bodied people booking handicap cabins. But I've researched and researched and haven't found anyone with an experienced answer.

My cousin (not a member here) and her husband booked a cruise on the Dream in the 6S category, which is Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview (walkway view). She was all excited by how huge the cabin looked online so I came on here to find pics of it for her, and discovered she had booked a HC cabin.

She claimed she had no idea, she just wanted the spa cabin oceanview room. That part I don't want to debate, cause it doesn't matter to the discussion and I only have her word anyway.

From the list I found, it seems like all 4 spa oceanviews are handicapped cabins. So no switching to a non-HC spa oceanview.

The spa interiors are booked up (and she really isn't interested in an interior anyway) - and the spa balconies are signifcantly more money, lots more money. So a question or two:

- Has anyone had the experience of being bumped from a Dream (or Magic or Breeze I assume) spa oceanview 6S cabin? If so, where were you bumped to? And this leads to my next question...

- How does Carnival determine "a category of equal value" for a stateroom that really has no equivalent, ie there are no spa oceanviews that are not handicapped?

She is afraid she'll be put into a non-spa oceanview of equivalent cost, and then to get spa access would still have to buy the spa pass, ending up costing her more money. Seems unlikely that they'd bump her into a spa balcony since they cost so much more right now.

So does Carnival take into account that the HC cabin is one with spa amenities when they are bumping? How likely is it that she'll get bumped?

I don't know about that specific situation. But I know that when people get bumped from a HC cabin, Carnival will sometimes give them an upgrade. So without any equal cabin that isn't HC, it would be the next category up or higher. Highly unlikely that it would be all the way up to a spa balcony. The spa OV (6S) is the highest & most expensive OV category on Dream. The next category up is a cove balcony, 7C. Then, all the category 8 balconies. There are 9 category 8s below the spa balconies. That would stink to have the spa privileges taken away. I wonder if Carnival would allow them to keep that. I don't know.

Hmm. I'm not sure what the good answer is. Any alternative either takes something significant away (location or spa) or costs about $700 more. I told her to call and ask, but we all know how reliable what the rep's say is anyway.

If she were to get bumped to a non-spa category, do you think she'd get anywhere trying to ask/negotiate for a spa pass?

Archived