Confusion about excursions

I'm booked on the Explorer March 5, 2013. When I go on the RCI website to download a shore & land excursion brochure, it loads 32 pages for me, but all 32 pages are the in-depth details of the excursions available ONLY on St Thomas.

Why is only one island's excursions available?

Because it is too far away from your cruise. By about 3 - 4 months before sailing they should have the true list finalized. Go to the port page and you should be able to see what might be offered, but that is no guarantee it will be available on your sailing.

I'm booked on the Explorer March 5, 2013. When I go on the RCI website to download a shore & land excursion brochure, it loads 32 pages for me, but all 32 pages are the in-depth details of the excursions available ONLY on St Thomas.

Hey, I am on your cruise and ironically just posted on our roll call asking if anyone has thought about or booked any excursions. If you look up the cruise and then the itinerary then click on the specific island under the itinerary it should show you what excursions are available through RC. So far we booked a private excursion for St. Maarten.

Go to your port of call threads.

Look at private excursions.

St. Thomas, been there twice. Last time, booked the Fury for sailing and snorkeling. Half the price of the RCI excursion, much better, did not have to take a taxi, left right from the dock.

We are booked on Mariner for March 17-24, 2013 , and the RCCI certified cruise planner (by phone) said excursions for our trip would become available for purchase online in mid-December. I would begin checking early December and everything should be available for you to choose from.

Have a great cruise !!! :)

Thanks everyone for the great replies. There's 11 of us in my family going on this cruise, and we're so excited it's all we talk about. 237 days to go... but who's counting?? LOL

It's hubby and I, his parents (mid 60's) his sister and her husband and their 5 children. The kids range from 4 to 17 and it's really hard finding excursions that allow kids under 8 and aren't just historical walking tours or something like that. We're trying to plan everything out, and we're having a really hard time. :(

Thanks everyone for the great replies. There's 11 of us in my family going on this cruise, and we're so excited it's all we talk about. 237 days to go... but who's counting?? LOL

It's hubby and I, his parents (mid 60's) his sister and her husband and their 5 children. The kids range from 4 to 17 and it's really hard finding excursions that allow kids under 8 and aren't just historical walking tours or something like that. We're trying to plan everything out, and we're having a really hard time. :(

Look into private excursions - you can usually work with the vendor directly and customize trips. The Port of Calls boards will have plenty of recommendations. It will also be a lot more cost effective, especially with a group of 11!

Archived