Question about Barcelona Sites

AEGBRG

Hi everyone,

Does the Sagrada Familia and Picasso Museum accept credit cards at the ticket window? I know you can buy tickets in advance for both with a CC, but prefer never to buy tickets in advance unless it is absolutely necessary.

Also, for those you who did not buy tickets in advance, roughly how long did you wait in line to get in, particularly for the Sagrada Familia? I heard the lines can be long but they move fast.

Thanks in advance.

We went to Sagrada Familiar in May on a weekday around 9:15am and the wait to get tickets was only 5 minutes with about 30 people in front. The optional, seperate wait to get the audio guide was longer, like 10 minutes. There are various entrances there. Just make sure you go to the line at the corner near the McDonald's.

Yes, the Picasso Museum takes credit cards; when I was there last October (I don't remember which day of the week), the line up was about 30 minutes long. However, if you're seeing several art museums in Barcelona, go directly to the "group tickets" window to get an ArticketBCN - it's a great deal that offers admission to multiple museums for one price, with the added bonus of not having to stand in line at each one to buy a ticket: http://www.articketbcn.org/en/ I highly recommend the Joan Miro Museum too.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, the Picasso Museum takes credit cards; when I was there last October (I don't remember which day of the week), the line up was about 30 minutes long. However, if you're seeing several art museums in Barcelona, go directly to the "group tickets" window to get an ArticketBCN - it's a great deal that offers admission to multiple museums for one price, with the added bonus of not having to stand in line at each one to buy a ticket: http://www.articketbcn.org/en/ I highly recommend the Joan Miro Museum too.

Thank you for the ArticketBCN information. Very helpful for our planning.

My advanced ticket purchase for Sagrada tickets says 9:00 - 10:00. Does that mean I can arrive anytime between that hour and be admitted or is my visit limited to the hour between 9 and 10?

Also, what entrance does one use with pre purchased tickets?

Thanks so much for any information.

Archived