1A Cabin - A couple fit on Bottom Bed?

Mekamax

Firefly and k2excursion - There are 2 cabins on the Triumph like ships that are 1As that are large. I don't see them talked about but was able to find a picture of them. You probably know which ones I'm talking about. From the picture I found they still have an upper, a lower and a sofa bed. Worse comes to worse one of us could sleep on the sofa but the actual cabin is what is selling me. On the newer ships they are actually classed as outsides and cost a lot more but have 2 beds...

I think I know what you are talking about. On the Triumph, there is 2444 & 2445. I've stayed in 2444. That sofa is a very small sofa; not like most of Carnival's sofas which are 6'3" in length. This seat of the sofa in these rooms is easily under 4' in length, and the arms cannot be removed. I had the idea of sleeping in it instead of the upper, but realized it wouldn't work for me. But the room was nice. I measured it. Even though it's listed as 185 sq.ft, it's actually around 230-235 sq.ft.(with about 30 of that being the unusable long hallway). Plenty of space. No shelves in the closets though. Usually, one of the 3 has shelves, but not with this room. This room on Triumph had a ton of ship noises & rattling. But overall, for the cheap rate & a big room, it was a great deal. You could try to sleep on the twin, and if it's just too small, one could still use the upper.

Triumph 2444:

P1020901.jpg

P1020900.jpg

P1020903.jpg

P1020902.jpg

P1020904.jpg

On our 2nd cruise back in the mid 90s we booked a 1A Upper/Lower guarantee on the Fantasy. We didn't get upgraded so...We moved the mattresses to the floor every night. We were young. It was all part of the fun. ;)

Good enough for hanky panky, but sleeping wise nope.:D

We did one on Elation. I would pick a regular inside for a couple more dollars.

Now the room is super big but for sleeping no.

LOL - exactly. Booked a 1A porthole cabin on the Holiday with my ex before the Holiday was sold. :( Just couldn't pass up the the $159 for 5 days of cruising! Unless you're newly dating and completely addicted to each other, you'll end up sleeping separately on the bunk beds. Which I'm totally ok with - I need my space!:D

k2excursion - thank you. That cabin is exactly what I was thinking about. Not having shelves is good to know in advance and that couch is smaller than I realized. Good to know in advance. Unless we have a balcony we don't spend too much time in the cabin so I will try it and see. LOVE the 2 windows. It will be nice to play young again and do something that most people do when they are young. We always had outsides and then balconies and the one inside Night Owl cabin on the Destiny when it was new put me against insides for a long time. That was our young thing to do that I regretted as I got sick on the cruise and was in bed early - go figure... Had one inside on RCL Voyager which was fine as we found we didn't stay in the cabin at all - and it was a big ship to explore... This would be better than inside but we will see on the bed arrangement..

Spooning leads to forking.. :D :p LOL Never too old.

The sofa bed does not move...do you know for certain that the twin does so that you'll be sleeping together? Otherwise, you'll be sleeping on the same level, but apart.

The 1A we got had a sofa bed that was about 6" lower than the twin bed and even if we could have pushed them together we wouldn't really have been "together."

We picked that cabin because it was an expensive cruise that we could only justify taking if we got the best price possible for it. We'd do it again, even if it means sleeping apart...but only on cruises that would be too expensive to do in a regular cabin. It really wasn't bad at all...and the twin is big enough for cuddle time, even if you have to separate for actual sleeping.

• 8 months later...

Are the cabins you speak of close to the laundry rooms?

What ship.. that would make a huge difference in the cabins.

There are 3 cabins on Conquest class that are 1As and have two twins that can be moved together same as any other cabin.. big secret. In fact the cabins are wider than a regular inside .. I would pick them before a regular inside.

I did see on Elation someone tipped $20 to the cabin steward who found them a rollaway for the 1A so they could have two beds pushed together,.. sort of, not perfect, and tight, but for a nice tip the cabin steward gave them a inside and they didnt have to sleep on the upper.

Archived