Stateroom 6130 - Queen Mary 2

bobby1119

I booked a C-4 guarantee for the October 21 day cruise to Canada and was assigned B-1 stateroom 6130. The fares for this cruise, incidentally, were also recently reduced.

Has anyone occupied 6130 or one similar? I am interested in hearing about noise issues from Kings Court and the jogging deck above.

Thanks.

I was is 6121 this past April and I could definitely hear people walking on the deck. No noise from King's Court, but walkers and joggers for sure. On our crossing in Nov., we went for deck 5.

I booked a C-4 guarantee for the October 21 day cruise to Canada and was assigned B-1 stateroom 6130. The fares for this cruise, incidentally, were also recently reduced.

Has anyone occupied 6130 or one similar? I am interested in hearing about noise issues from Kings Court and the jogging deck above.

Thanks.

We occupied cabin 6112 from June 17 to July 6 and I could hear walking on deck 7 while on the balcony but not in the cabin.

• 1 month later...
I was is 6121 this past April and I could definitely hear people walking on the deck. No noise from King's Court, but walkers and joggers for sure. On our crossing in Nov., we went for deck 5.

We're about to book a balcony room on Deck 6 (around 6108) and were a little concerned about the deck traffic on Deck 7. Thanks for this feedback....very helpful

Eatsallinsects, we'll be on the NY-Canada cruise on Oct 21st as well.

Cheers!

True , rates have been reduced on the 10/21/12 7 night sailing.

Ask for rate code RDC or RDD.

Mostly Guarantees but worth the gamble for many.

Currently showing :

IS from $1005

OV from $1095

Bal from $1235

PG from $2795

QG from $4095

Plus tax of course.

Interesting, we booked a B5 guarantee and have been assigned a cabin on Deck 6 (last time we booked B5 we got Deck 4 which we loved). I am not too concerned about the noise from Deck 7 but we are very near the lift lobby this time which I think could be noisy

Can't complain though, you pays your money and you takes your choice, I always take earplugs wherever I travel so I am sure it will be fine

Thanks.

Sometimes noise can be heard from above, but it's pretty muted.

Interesting, we booked a B5 guarantee and have been assigned a cabin on Deck 6 (last time we booked B5 we got Deck 4 which we loved). I am not too concerned about the noise from Deck 7 but we are very near the lift lobby this time which I think could be noisy

Can't complain though, you pays your money and you takes your choice, I always take earplugs wherever I travel so I am sure it will be fine

There is no problem with noise from the lift lobbies.

I agree with the cap'n, I've never heard noise from the lift lobbies.

These are spacious and away from cabin doors.

It takes esp. loud passengers in the corridors for the noise to penetrate the cabin doors. Certainly not the occasional announcement "Deck 9" (I can hear that voice in my mind now... :) ) from within the lifts.

Don't let the lift and stair lobbies concern you, just think how handy it will be with them so near :D .

Thanks for the comments Capn, Pepper & Bispham Boo, it's nice to know you haven't experienced any problems.

Have started the pre cruise diet in earnest and bought a new dress for formal night despite telling hubby when we booked that I didn't need any new clothes ......

Thanks.

I had cabin 6120 from Sydney to Southampton last year. This cabin is located across the staircase, which I found very practical - only a few steps to deck 7 for breakfast or similar. I did not hear any noise from joggers nor from Kings Court. Anyway, jogging is permitted from 8.00 AM until 8.00 PM only. I find deck 6 ideal.

I had cabin 6120 from Sydney to Southampton last year. This cabin is located across the staircase, which I found very practical - only a few steps to deck 7 for breakfast or similar. I did not hear any noise from joggers nor from Kings Court. Anyway, jogging is permitted from 8.00 AM until 8.00 PM only. I find deck 6 ideal.

Thanks Cats...also handy for the gym

Archived