CPAP/Extension cord.question

My DH has to sleep with a CPAP. Anyone know of how long an extension cord we need to reach from plug to bed?

I got an orange 15' cord UL approved that makes it with some to spare. I wrap some around the vanity seat to make sure it stays on the carpet and doesn't become a tripping hazard for late night potty runs! I also got a matching three-prong adapter that I plug in to give us added ability to charge devices. I keep the cord in my CPAP case and carry it on to the plane and the ship.

There are several past discussions on this if you need other ideas. Use the search feature to get to them.

I have used a CPAP since 2005 and have had no issues with it on the ship. There is a current discussion about water for the reservoir. Don't bring distilled with you as the processed water on the ship is good enough to use with his CPAP.

My wife uses a CPAP and we've never bothered bringing an extension cord with us. Most times the steward will give you one or you can go to Customer Service onboard and get one there for a $25.00 deposit that they will return to you when you bring it back. And like others have stated, the water onboard is fine for CPAP use.

I am very careful with my cpap and water usage. It is an over $2000 machine and I would not want to ruin it.

I have asked carnival and you can buy a jug of distilled water for $3.xx that will be more than enough for the week.

Hope this helps, also if everyone were to ask for an extension cord they will be gone - so I feel better bringing my own.

My wife uses a CPAP and we've never bothered bringing an extension cord with us. Most times the steward will give you one or you can go to Customer Service onboard and get one there for a $25.00 deposit that they will return to you when you bring it back. And like others have stated, the water onboard is fine for CPAP use.

I never, EVER, travel without my own cord. I don't need the hassle of arranging ones. I've read posts were ships have provided a 25' or longer heavy duty cord. It's over kill for my little CPAP.

Mine is a light weight 12 foot house cord (UL Listed) with a three way socket built in. It makes it easy to put away when not in use. I've always found it sufficient.:)

It is easy to put an extension cord in my CPAP case. The cord has three sockets on the end so I can plug in other items if I want to. I put the brown luggage pad that is on the bed when we arrive in our cabin over the cord if it is on the floor at night. I have a gallon of distilled water delivered to out cabin on our first room service order.

It is easy to put an extension cord in my CPAP case. The cord has three sockets on the end so I can plug in other items if I want to. I put the brown luggage pad that is on the bed when we arrive in our cabin over the cord if it is on the floor at night. I have a gallon of distilled water delivered to out cabin on our first room service order.

Can you share with me how your ordered the distilled water?

Archived