Just how crowded will we be?

lola4795

I'm getting a little concerned about the cabin we have booked on the Glory. We booked an Ocean View on the main deck. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys. I think the cabin has one bed that folds down from the wall, and the sofa converts to another bed. Do you think we'll be ok?

I'm not sure if you intended to or not.. but you created 4 threads on this topic.. so make sure you check all of them... people may respond on them all :-)

and have a great cruise.. I am cruising with a teen also ! :eek:

Oh geez! How did I do that? Thanks for the heads up, and sorry to everyone!

I don't know if this helps, but here's a picture of our 2 DDs (8 and 5) in their bunks in our similar cabin on Glory...Nd3_0140.jpg (If this picture doesn't show up properly, it's in post # 54 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1444911&page=2

My DH's "memoir" of our Glory cruise last June:))

It will be tight, but it can be done.:o Have a great cruise!

We cruise with 3 adults once a year. We are not small people! You will have a wonderful time. just remember to laugh. When things get tough and they might -find a reason to laugh and get everyone laughing. You will remember those times.

Do try to pick up and keep things off the floor. It helps a lot. We use the showers in the gym so we can be ready around the same time. We find a bathroom other than the one in the cabin that is kind of private on the ship. Durning the day a bathroom near the night club or shops would not be used a lot. You never know when two people need that bathroom at the same time. Have a table on the lido deck to find each other. We don't always want to be with each other so we have a location by the adult pool that we eat, drink and read at. One of us is almost always at that table. A small night light for the bathroom helps too. When the boys come in late they don't have to turn the lights on-the night light is enough. I bring a shoe holder to put on the bathroom door. This holds those small things everyone places on the table and can not find later. We put our camera and room key in there. Have fun and enjoy.

I'm getting a little concerned about the cabin we have booked on the Glory. We booked an Ocean View on the main deck. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys. I think the cabin has one bed that folds down from the wall, and the sofa converts to another bed. Do you think we'll be ok?

Send your DH and your two sons to the spa and let them get showered and dressed up there so you'll have the whole cabin to yourself to get ready for dinner. ;)

We have done many of these cabins with 2 teenage boys. (one was 6' 3" at the time and the other 6 ')...without any issues....you will be fine.

Btw, you can always send the guys to the gym to shower if you want to free up the bathroom time....

I had 2 teens with me in an OV and the biggest problem was my son's size 13 shoes not being put away! Tripping over those things could really hurt. He had to keep them in the closet, not out on the floor.

My daughter had way too much makeup and hair stuff. Glad I took the over the door thingie to store that stuff when not in use.

(I didn't notice the other threads but if you find them you can ask an administrator to delete them.)

I never even understand why this would be a concern? My first college dorm, shared a bathroom with 36 others. 4 shower heads. That is 9 people per shower. Moved to a better dorm. 4 people to a bathroom. First apartment. One bathroom, 2 roommates. Prior college, 6 people in family, 1 bathroom. Vacations with family, 6 people in car, and most of the time 6 in a hotel with 2 cots added.

So I find this topic humorous, because since when did this become an issue? Did we not all grow up without at some point?

We had 5 in an OV. My husband and me, two teenage boys, and a young daughter.

King Size Bed (parents)

sofa/converted bed (1 teenager)

Bunk over sofa bed (daughter)

cot/bed next to sofa converter (1 teenager)

We all had our own bed and space.

We had 4 (DH and I plus our two 12 year old DDs) in a cabin on the Glory last August...though it was a balcony, but they are the same inside SF as an oceanview. It worked fine. It will be tight, but you won't be all in there that much. I do recommend a balcony, though, as it gave DH and I a place to sit and wait for our little darlings to get ready.

We had 4 (DH and I plus our two 12 year old DDs) in a cabin on the Glory last August...though it was a balcony, but they are the same inside SF as an oceanview. It worked fine. It will be tight, but you won't be all in there that much. I do recommend a balcony, though, as it gave DH and I a place to sit and wait for our little darlings to get ready.

You are wrong....a balcony cabin consists of 185 Sq ft of cabin, just like an inside and an additional 35 sq ft ( & sometimes more) of balcony space. An OV is 220 sq ft.

You are wrong....a balcony cabin consists of 185 Sq ft of cabin, just like an inside and an additional 35 sq ft ( & sometimes more) of balcony space. An OV is 220 sq ft.

Really? If so, that changes things for me. On CCL, I did an OV with 2 and then an OV with 3 and then an inside with 2 and then a balcony with 4 and then a balcony with 2. They all seemed to be the same SF inside to me and so we decided not to ever waste extra $$ on an OV again...we'd either go frugal with the inside or if the balcony price was right and we could swing it, we'd do that. If the OV has more space...hmmmm.

Archived