Monet Gardens in September

chucknmarilyn

I am trying to decide what to do when we are docked in Le Havre on September 1st. I'd love to visit Monet's Gardens and home but wonder if the gardens are very pretty at that time of year. I know they should be nice anytime but just wonder if this is really a good time to go. Has anyone been there in September?

We drove over to Giverny in early October and it was a perfect day. We had nice blue sky, crisp fall weather, very few people (the place can be packed in the summer) and the gardens were still quite beautiful. We think a clear bright day is more important then the time of year since you get to see all the various reflections in the pond and really understand Monte's motivation.

Hank

We drove over to Giverny in early October and it was a perfect day. We had nice blue sky, crisp fall weather, very few people (the place can be packed in the summer) and the gardens were still quite beautiful. We think a clear bright day is more important then the time of year since you get to see all the various reflections in the pond and really understand Monte's motivation.

Hank

I completely agree !It would be a great time to see the gardens.

I am trying to decide what to do when we are docked in Le Havre on September 1st. I'd love to visit Monet's Gardens and home but wonder if the gardens are very pretty at that time of year. I know they should be nice anytime but just wonder if this is really a good time to go. Has anyone been there in September?

The first time we went was in April right after it opened for the season a few years ago and it was cold and overcast and still thrilling I thought! I vowed to return in the summer to see how much more spectacular it must be on a warm and sunny day. So last week I went again: it was raining and still fabulous. You cant predict the weather so I say "just go"!

---------------------

Helen

Archived