Internet Cafe in Ketchikan?

Hikini

This will be our 8th cruise to AK so you would think I'd know the answer to this question. However, I have always taken a laptop along so I haven't needed to look for an internet cafe. This time I won't be taking a laptop and I will need to get onto the internet the day we are in Ketchikan. Does anyone know if there is an internet cafe in the vicinity of the waterfront where the ships dock?

Here is a list of Internet Cafes I pulled off the web.

Starbucks, located at 2417 Tongass Avenue, offers Wi-Fi in their Ketchikan store.

The Ketchikan Public Library, located at 629 Dock Street, offers once-a-day Internet access for 15 minutes to visitors. Guest User passes can be obtained at the Circulation Desk. To sign up for an Internet slot, please go the Registration Kiosk next to the Circulation Desk. The library is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Wednesday, and from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Thursday through Sunday.

Ketchikan Coffee Company at the New York Hotel, located at 211 Stedman Street, offers G5 Macs and Wi-Fi internet access along with friendly service, delicious locally roasted Raven's Brew Coffee and espresso, as well as an assortment of Panini sandwiches, homemade soups, fresh salads, pasta dishes and baked appetizers over the lunch hour. Tel: (907) 247-2326.

Surf City Internet Cafe, Alaska's first internet cafe, offers internet access featuring Airspeed wireless DSL. Surf City is located at 425 Water Street. Tel: (907) 225-5475.

CJ's Internet Cafe, offers internet access on their computers. Located at 602 Mission Street. Tel: (907) 225-3474.

The Crow's Nest Internet Cafe, located at 308 Grant Street, has 15 internet terminals. They're open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm every day during the summer months; cost is $5.00 per hour. Tel: (907) 225-6119.

Here is a list of Internet Cafes I pulled off the web.

The Ketchikan Public Library, located at 629 Dock Street, offers once-a-day Internet access for 15 minutes to visitors. Guest User passes can be obtained at the Circulation Desk. To sign up for an Internet slot, please go the Registration Kiosk next to the Circulation Desk. The library is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Wednesday, and from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Thursday through Sunday.

Weren't on this board postings that the access to the Ketchikan Library is restricted, so that the small, conveniently located library is not overrun by cruisers looking for an internet access?

We were in Ketchikan on July 5. Could not find CJ Internet Cafe on 602 Mission Street. Asked at in that area on Mission Street and no one had heard of them. I was using the same list that Kieth had.

ChelseaSailor

Thank you!

Many internet options in Ketchikan, as in other ports. Seaport Cyber is near the cruise docks, McDonald's has wifi as do many other places.

I don't remember a McDonald's in Ketchikan but I guess I can Google it. However, after being on the ship with all of the great food, I can't imagine darkening the doors of a McDonald's! :)

I don't remember a McDonald's in Ketchikan but I guess I can Google it. However, after being on the ship with all of the great food, I can't imagine darkening the doors of a McDonald's! :)

I went there for the wifi and a soft drink, not for the food :).

I went there for the wifi and a soft drink, not for the food :).

Aha!

I will need a place where I can use their computer too, since I won't be bringing my laptop this time.

Glad to have this list to refer to.

Archived