Cups?

scumbers

Hi all

I asked earlier in the year but got mixed answers

If we purchase the soda package do you get a thermos cup as we had on rci and princess

Thanks

Yes you do get a complimentary refillable cup with the soda package.

Gail & Dan

Yes you do get a complimentary refillable cup with the soda package.

Not any more, at least not from our experience.

Since X switched to giving you cans instead of fountain soda on the beverage package, they eliminated the thermos cup (since you can just drink out of the can, and don't need something to put it in).

Not any more, at least not from our experience.

Since X switched to giving you cans instead of fountain soda on the beverage package, they eliminated the thermos cup (since you can just drink out of the can, and don't need something to put it in).

Wow, didn't realize that. I would much prefer to have the thermos cup than a can of soda that gets warm before you finish it. I just remember the tables set up with the thermos cups (right near the buffet on deck 10) on Summit when they were trying to sell the soda package on the first day you arrive. These cruises are starting to all run together in my mind I think. :rolleyes:

Gail

I think that cups also became a problem as noro increased on ships -- the re-filling from the beverage dispensers is a potential hazard. Of course, the easy way around it, which most of us who bring our own cups do, is to fill a clean glass with ice and beverage and transfer to our cups. This keeps the used cups from touching any parts of the machine.

They didn't offer them on our Silhouette cruise a few months back. My sister's kids had the soda package and whenever they wanted a soda, they handed them a can with a plastic cup filled with ice. No refillable thermos. The kids like the thermos, but honestly, they are a PITA having to always wash them out, and I agree they are petri dishes of germs.

Jo-Ann

They didn't offer them on our Silhouette cruise a few months back. My sister's kids had the soda package and whenever they wanted a soda, they handed them a can with a plastic cup filled with ice. No refillable thermos. The kids like the thermos, but honestly, they are a PITA having to always wash them out, and I agree they are petri dishes of germs.

Jo-Ann

Unless this was near the pool...A PLASTIC cup? That certainly is NOT Modern Luxury in my opinion. Good Grief! Who thought of that?

Aren't lots of the drink cups used on board made of plastic? The ones at the self-serve stations in the buffet certainly are. Flimsy, one-use-only cups are sometimes seen around the pool, but the regular glasses they use are sturdy plastic, as I recall.

In February, they just handed me a can, and offered a glass of ice with it. In the buffet, they gave us glasses, while at the pool they gave us the plastic cups they use out there. They are fairly nice plastic cups. After all, no one wants to take a chance on broken glass by the pool.

Archived