Cancel for any reason, Cancel for work reasons.

Pugs

I am planning on travel safe, in their policy it states you can buy the cancel for any reason for an additional charge. However in the policy it states you get cancel for work reasons. Wouldn't the cancel for any reason cover the work reason ??? All this insurance stuff makes me crazy. I have a BP issue and on meds and also had my thyroid removed a year ago, so I think I need pre ex. coverage correct ?:(

Also somewhere I read about a student insurance, that doe not require you to be a student. Does anyone know anything about it ? I read that the rates are good.

Help, now my head hurts !!!!:eek:

Usually the cancel for any reason insurance covers only a per centage of your costs to cancel. Covered reasons such as your work related ones will be at the full coverage amounts. So if you cancel for a covered reason you typically get a bigger refund of prepaid expenses.

Regarding medical coverage, you will need to read the definitions in each policy of what a pre existing condition is to see if you have one. Most policies state something like if your condition is controlled with no change in meds for 6 months it is not a pre existing condition. If you buy the insurance right away the pre existing conditions clause may be waived anyway.

Sorry but you will need to read the details to get what you want covered. And don't believe any policy covers "everything". They all cover only what they state, they list a few exclusions but anything not specifically listed as covered is not. For example if you want to be treated in the US, you have to make sure the policy provides for that some only provide for treatment in the nearest port.

Do your research for the best results.

Archived