Excursion Timing help

FunShipCruiser05

I am asking here because I haven't done a cruise ship excursion in forever. I always do the tours independently when possible to get away from most of the ship passengers. If I have a independent flightseeing tour 2 minutes from the dock from 11am-1pm... and want to book a ship excursion for 1:30, that means have to be at the ship at 1:30pm for that tour correct?

On many cruises they have you meet in a centralized area on board the ship fifteen minus before the tour begins but you probably could meet them at the dock.

You'll want to confirm if you are back at the dock at 1:00 PM or exactly what 1:00 PM means and you do run the risk of the possibility of getting back late.

Keith

I did call princess and they said, 1:30 excursion means 1:30 and it leaves at that time. Be there around 15 minutes beforehand. hmmm. I'm deciding to book this zipline adventure with Taquan Air or someone else for 1:30pm. The misty fjords with Island Wings in Ketchikan returns 1:00pm and they are close to the pier im reading. So I should be able to make it back by 1:20 to the meeting area im guessing

I did call princess and they said, 1:30 excursion means 1:30 and it leaves at that time. Be there around 15 minutes beforehand. hmmm. I'm deciding to book this zipline adventure with Taquan Air or someone else for 1:30pm. The misty fjords with Island Wings in Ketchikan returns 1:00pm and they are close to the pier im reading. So I should be able to make it back by 1:20 to the meeting area im guessing

It depends where the tour meets. If you have to meet on the ship, then you have to allow extra time.

Frankly having done countless independent tours in Alaska, you can NOT count on firm ending times.

Archived