Help! Miracle Itinerary or NCL Gem's Entertainment??

mia10010

I'm posting this on the NCL and Carnival boards.

I'm trying to decide between which last minute cruise to take, and have to decide ASAP. I'm deciding between NCL Gem and Carnival Miracle.

The NCL Gem will be going to Pt. Canaveral, GS Cay, and Nassau. I've done this itinerary before on the Jewel. Although they are not my favorite ports, I've never been on the Gem before, so the ship's production shows will be new. I also like that NCL has alot more to do on the ships like the White Hot party, Quest, Dancing With the Stars, and better deck parties.

The Miracle is a nice ship, but I've sailed her twice, so I can't thing of sitting through the shows again at night. Last year I sailed on the Glory and I felt that there was not enough to do at night on Carnival. On NCL I felt that there was always more to do on the ship. The only thing is that the Miracle goes to PR, St. THomas and Grand Turk. St. Thomas and Grand Turk are my favorite ports.

So it come down to this, what is better to decide on, great ports on Miracle with not as much to do on the ship, or so-so ports on Gem, with alot more to do on the ship.

Any opinions would be appreciated in helping me decide.

Thanks.

Never been on Carnival ..but those ports sound good!

The Gem is a weird ship . The decor is 60's. I call it "Shag -a- lisious". I also think the food has gone down in quality. I usually go where the Best price is !

How is the food on Carnival?

I love the food on carnival. They serve choc. melting cake for dessert which is my favorite, along with bitter and blanc and crem brulee. (I am a dessert person) Carnival's MDR is better, but NCL has a better buffet.

Sounds like you're more interested in the night life and general activities aboard the ship, so I'm guessing you'll go with NCL. The NCL itinerary on this cruise, however, is "bottom of the barrel."

The CCL itinerary is certainly OK on stated cruise and CCL food is usually much better than NCL.

The choice is yours to make. Hope you have an enjoyable cruise regardless! :)

I have been looking at NCL cruises because of the very reason that you bring up here, there seems to be better entertainment and more going on at night.

In this case however, I would absolutely choose to go to PR and St. Thomas over Canaveral and Nassau. I loved San Juan and that would be all the incentive I need to choose that cruise.

The inclusion of Pt. Canaveral as a port of call just really bothers me for some reason. To me Canaveral is a departure point not a destination.

Archived