nanwel

nanwel

taking my grandkids on vacation for Canadian March Break. Age 7 & 9

What is the best ship for that age group.

We have done Disney 3 times, and want a change.

Thought about Allure?? but wondered if the itineray to Cancun, Labadee and Falmoth would hold their interest.

I think they'd LOVE Allure! SOOOOO much to do on the ship! Labadee is a beach day and if they can't have fun at a beach....well, I just can't imagine that! There are lots of "for pay" options there, too...a zip-line, rollercoaster, watersport things.....and it's beautiful there, too! Lunch is served on the beach and is included in your fare.

I have no idea about Cancun....a guidebook will be your best resource...there IS plenty to do! Jamaica....not alot right in the port area, so an excursion will be your best bet....or, staying on the ship is always an option. The ship is so large, that there's no way to see and do everything in 1 week!

We've booked for the Ontario March Break in 2013, with our two girls ages 8 and 4 (at the time of the cruise). We've done both Disney and Carnival with the girls, and a couple of RCCL cruises without them, and I think Allure has a lot to offer for that age group - from the Dreamworks characters, to the carousel in Central Park, and the big production shows, I think it will be a lot of fun for all of us. In the ports, we're planning to do beach days in Cozumel and Labadee, and will probably stay on the ship in Falmouth... We have a super active roll call, with lots of other Canucks given the time of year!

Thanks for the input - I have been to Cancun, did not take outrips, but will do a snorkel trip with the kids.

Was not sure about Falmouth, but will wait and see if we book something there.

Have put a reserve on Allure for a 2bedroom suite overlooking the stage - should give them lots to see from the room as well. Thanks for the input!

It's not "Cancun" - it is "Cozumel" ;)

And yes - there is a lot to do in Cozumel, Mexico. Actually my oldest just asked me tonight if people lived on Passion Island in Cozumel because she wants to move there :) lol funny kid

The other ports - Labadee is RCI's private island and it was built up to keep the guests happy. There is a zipLine - water slides - beach buffet - wooden coaster - etc

And Fallmouth Jamaica is halfway between MoBay and Ocho Rios - so you can do excursions in either.

Archived