taxi directly to Horseshoe Beach, Bermuda

YvonneK

On all prior cruises to Bermuda we have taken the bus and walked down the long path to Horsehoe Beach. This time DH is having some difficulty with a lot of walking so we want to avoid that, but still be able to get around. Could anyone tell me - if we hired a taxi would it take us directly to the beach and also pick us up there? If so, does anyone know how much a roundtrip from Kings Wharf would cost?

Fare is around 35.00 one way.

There will usually be taxis coming and going from Horseshoe Bay during most of the day when cruise ship(s) are berthed at Dockyard. But....there is a pay phone located at the beach house there so that you may telephone for a taxi for the ride back....or you can usually pre-arrange with the driver who takes you for a time to pick you up for the return.

Obviously, it would be a good idea to carry the telephone number of one of the larger radio-dispatched taxi companies.

http://www.taxibermuda.bm/

Your other option is to use the bus and take the little local "Top of the Hill" bus - he is a delightful local who runs a shuttle up and down for $2 per person per journey

Your other option is to use the bus and take the little local "Top of the Hill" bus - he is a delightful local who runs a shuttle up and down for $2 per person per journey

I was going to suggest this same thing, the shuttle is always there going up and down the hill. plus if you get the bus pass you can ride all day to anywhere.

Thanks everyone! In other years (have not been to Bermuda since 2006) I seem to remember the shuttle that goes up and down the hill always being crowded. Is it still crowded and do you have a long wait for it?

Make sure you negotiate a price ahead of time with the Taxi. We were at Jobson's Cove, several blocks from Horseshoe and couldn't get a bus back to the dockyards. They were all full -- ended up with 2 other couples grabbing a taxi, and I recall it was around $20 per couple - one way. Fo course, we were on the meter.

On all prior cruises to Bermuda we have taken the bus and walked down the long path to Horsehoe Beach. This time DH is having some difficulty with a lot of walking so we want to avoid that, but still be able to get around. Could anyone tell me - if we hired a taxi would it take us directly to the beach and also pick us up there? If so, does anyone know how much a roundtrip from Kings Wharf would cost?

We were there last week - took the special express bus to the top of the hill - we walked down and took the $2 shuttle back up to the bus stop. We enquired about a taxi while leaving the beach - they wanted $27 back to the ship(Summit), so I am sure it would be at least $55 round trip - there were lots of taxis looking for passengers at the beach. The bus was busy but people were great about giving up a seat to someone who needed to sit.

Archived