What is your biggest HAL "peeve" lately?

ekerr19

We were on the Zaandam over Easter -- 15 of us at two tables -- and the service was wonderful and they did take time to talk with us and others.

And, we too loved the new beds.

Found nothing to complain about.

I miss the ships of 500-700 people

I feel sad for the crew because it is obvious that they are working harder -- I really respect (and reward) those who do the same job anyway and are able to do it without acting like they are too busy -- I am sorry they are put in that position --- I wish that I felt with certainty that they are getting their fair portion of the auto gratuity rather than have that money fall into some mysterious void with a big 'TRUST ME' on it from management

I notice the proliferation of small things that cost now that used to be free and the increase in the price of drinks

But I still love cruising

I thoroughly enjoyed the new SOE space on the Zaandam, the Explorations Cafe, but I was sad that we had to pay for the coffees

Love the new bedding

On that sailing, we had an incredible wine steward (Anthony) who remembered our names, preferences, and always spoke to us when we saw him in the other bars or in the Lido. He even made it a point to come over to us while we where lounging around the pool and ask if we needed anything. Needless to say, he was one of the folks that walked away with a pretty large tip from our group because of his consistent service!

Messy Jessy,

Yes, I agree 100% with your comments regarding Anthony. I've sailed with him a few times and he has a great personality. He tries hard... and does a great job.

On one cruise on PRINSENDAM he was the wine steward in the Odyssey Restaurant, now Pinnacle Grill. Some months later we were back on board and he was then working in the main dining room and again was our wine steward. Without asking he immediately got the best wine glass out for us... the big baloon goblets from the Odyssey, for us to use in the dining room.

I know there are a few waiters and stewards with HAL that are probably not the best at their job, but I am sure they are few in number. By and large, the vast majority of the staff ore of the same excellent quality as Anthony.

Stephen

I have to admit my peeve isn't really 'the latest' , but it has to do with my Oosterdam voyage in Feb.

No BAMI GORENG!!

Granted, the Nasi was good, but it just didn't have the same bite and taste like Bami does.

....just say no to Nasi

;)

Archived