Where are the Carnival Fans???

Jana60

So, if you have not sailed Carnival for 5 years or more, how do you have a clue as to what kind of product Carnival has had the last few years?!? The only way you know is what you read on the Carnival site , as you said yourself that have not sailed Carnival in 5 or more years!! You have nothing of value to add to what kind of product Carnival offers now as....you have not experienced it!!!!!!

While Big Duck and some others have experienced Carnival of late,which is find, I still hold to my statement that many posters troll the Carnival site to start trouble!!!!

Angry much?

I'll participate if and when I choose, but certainly don't post as much as when I was a more active cruiser.

And I'm sure I'll be challenged if I ever post something that is wrong.

Angry much?

I'll participate if and when I choose, but certainly don't post as much as when I was a more active cruiser.

Trust me, nothing on this board can make me angry!:D I'm sure you are a nice guy. Without rehashing everything, I have my opinion as other have theirs.

And yes I agree....anyone who has a computer can visit this site and post whenever they choose as this is still somewhat of a free country!:p

Angry much?

Not trying to be nosey and I don't know what health or career interferences might be present or whether your just too busy with other things but I'm sorry you have not been able to cruise lately. Since you were quite active in the past I must assume you would still be cruising if it were possible at this time in your life. :(

I seem to go into cruise withdrawal after about 6 months without a Cruise and must book one again to at least start planning! ;)

...It amazes me how many people complain about the food and/or the service in the MDR, but never say if they talked to the Maitre D or anyone else (such as Guest Services) while on the ship. Oh well, less than 300 days to go before our return to the Liberty. Can't wait!:)

We have only had to do that on two of our cruises with Carnival. The first time we had assigned seating and the waiter was somewhat more interested in telling us how much he disliked his job. We mentioned this to the MD and the rest of our dinners were much more enjoyable. I guess he was told to be more professional. the other time was our first night on the Magic and we had ATD. The crew seemed to be knew or just overwhelmed. The next night when we arrived for dinner, DW mentioned this to the Head Waiter and she placed us with a more seasoned crew. There were times that it took a few extra minutes between courses but nothing that spoiled it for us. They, the crew, were really very good, and made each night a personal experience. They also seemed to have a larger serving area than any of the other serving teams.

As for liking Carnival, we enjoy cruising with them, saving money to spend on other things on the ship and ashore, and seem to be lucky in finding the absolute best price. Only OBC we have ever gotten is the one for the FCC certs. Gotten every price drop before final payment. The next cruise is still $150 pp above what we paid and there are only one or two cabins in our class still available. Money is the same whether you get it at the beginning in savings or at the end in OBC. Fungible.

basically, i suppose they are being asked a question and are giving an opinion about it. some opinions match others, and some don't.

but like the duck says above, just start a thread about how bad your cruise was, you will see the remaining fans swarm.

and the opposite will occur too.

and all the boards light up when a significant change orrurs to the dislike of the fan:

ncl with their staic menus and discontinuation of bar order setup.

rccl and their concierge changes as their loyalty club changes.

costa when their boat sank.

most complaints on this board are about the direction cahill has taken this company. none have been to benefit their customer. some people choose not to llike this. it has taken carnivall from value to cheap.

some people have never sailed white star, but watch titanic every time it come on. others watch the love boat, and have never sailed princess.

some confuse this site with cruising. it is not. it is entertainment.

Brilliant Yugo! :D Just like talk radio except with typing.

I don't understand your question. I don't start many threads in any section and usually try to tailor the posting section to the subject so if I'm asking about cabin to select, I post in that section.

I still question why some people who seem to have nothing but dislike of Carnival even bother coming to the Carnival section of CC?

I don't understand his question either, but, hey, the guy gets raked every day on the Carnival flack's blog, so I don't blame him for being hypersensitive.

Jim

Thanks for the pep talk! LOL. Most of the areas people are complaining about (like a band on the Lido deck) I don't even care about. As far as the food, DD and I took a look at the menu the other night and didn't see any changes that were at all upsetting to us. And, we will be trying the fried chicken and hamburgers in the MDR, oh my! :p

I think part of my concern is that our B2B is a three-day followed by a four-day and you hear so many booze cruise stories about the shorter cruises. We generally to 7-day cruises. I'm sure that even if it's a booze cruise, we'll be able to find a place to hang out and still enjoy ourselves. :D

Seeing when you are going I suspect there will be more soda card carriers rather than drunks. Gotta get the kids on vacation before school starts. Have fun. :)

I have only ever sailed Carnival and currently have two outstanding FCCs, so I guess that blows your theory.

You want to see them do their best. Fans either like they trades they make or don't. They suffer when thier team loses. When the manager /coach does something dumb in their opinion. We always want to bring back the 'Glory Days'. Except for the Cub's fans. They just want to bring back the 'glory Day' and Ernie Banks. Duck's a FAN! :)

Where are all the Carnival fans? Easy answer. They are all on John Healds blog and FB page. Where else can they get their daily dose of medicine that keeps them promoting Carnival. ;) The fact that you had to start this thread should have told you something.

Mostly it's pure entertainment. I have never seen a cruise board where people are such fanatics over a cruise line like this one or take things so personally like you're talking about their family in place of a cruise line. Also I have cruised with Carnival a number of times over the years and just like to chime in every once in a while. No rule that states you must cruise a certain line within a given time frame to give an opinion. ;)
So which one is it? Are there no fans here or are there such a bunch of fanatics here.

It's impressive that you can make two directly opposing points but both piss on Carnival. Nuts but impressive.

OP, I also don't get why the haters spend so much time here. Its like joining a baseball team blog to announce you hate that team.

So which one is it? Are there no fans here or are there such a bunch of fanatics here.

It's impressive that you can make two directly opposing points but both piss on Carnival. Nuts but impressive.

OP, I also don't get why the haters spend so much time here. Its like joining a baseball team blog to announce you hate that team.

Nah, just the bastard owner who moved your team to Washington.

OP: I'm a Carnival fan! I've been on 5 cruises, have another one booked, and am scoping out one or two more! :)

And yes, there are a lot of people who come here just to badmouth the company. I'm not talking about people with valid concerns. I'm talking about those who post over and over how much they disklike Carnival and how much it's gone downhill and so on. (I use the IGNORE feature on these boards so I don't have to read their posts.)

Bottom line: those people need to get a life. :)

Seeing when you are going I suspect there will be more soda card carriers rather than drunks. Gotta get the kids on vacation before school starts. Have fun. :)

Hope you're right! As long as we can find a nice, somewhat quiet place to hang out, we'll be just fine. :D

To refresh your memory the actual wording of the post was:

Not just "cruise value experience". He was saying Big duck was a "valued member" and implying that "he" and not just his cruise experience is more valued than others.

I really didnt think I needed to spell it out, but it is exactly his cruising experience that makes him a valued member.

Not trying to be nosey and I don't know what health or career interferences might be present or whether your just too busy with other things but I'm sorry you have not been able to cruise lately. Since you were quite active in the past I must assume you would still be cruising if it were possible at this time in your life. :(

I seem to go into cruise withdrawal after about 6 months without a Cruise and must book one again to at least start planning! ;)

Actually, it's a flying thing. No longer do it.

And it became mundane doing the same stuff over and over again. So it's land vacations now. I'm off to Hilton Head in the morning.

Jana, most of the people that are voicing their opinions here have been loyal Carnival fans, and are bitterly disappointed in the fact that Carnival has gone into the "warehouse discount store" cruise business.

At one time you could get on a CCL ship and feel it was special, the steel band playing Carribean music, and the special food, it was special!!!!

Now not so much, dj's playing loud music, most of the "entertainment " is do it yourself, karioke, marriage games, game shows. Just not a lot of special moments, and people are disappointed.

Why shouldn't this be a place to voice the disappointment? They read the boards, you can get your point accross better than if you post on JHs boards, since it's all "flowers and sunshine" blown up your skirt there, and if you dare post a negative the kling ons attack you.

What better place than in a medium that allows you to voice good and bad??? I love my CC simply because if JH lets a fart and can say "it stinks" not "Oh did you smell that nice little bouquet?"

JMO and I'm not going to stop voicing it, but you are welcome to block me,

Carole

LOL...sometimes would just love to lay this out when upset about something..so sad about my Spirit Splurge when they are so far and few between,,it was just an off cruise bummer..Sarah.

You ar so nice and fair and elegant when you have something to say you have even a better punch when deserved....loved it..happy Thursday Nebraska, praying CarnivAL WILL TAKE HEAD AND BOUNCE IT BACK UP A BIT..Sarah

Jana, most of the people that are voicing their opinions here have been loyal Carnival fans, and are bitterly disappointed in the fact that Carnival has gone into the "warehouse discount store" cruise business.

At one time you could get on a CCL ship and feel it was special, the steel band playing Carribean music, and the special food, it was special!!!!

Now not so much, dj's playing loud music, most of the "entertainment " is do it yourself, karioke, marriage games, game shows. Just not a lot of special moments, and people are disappointed.

Why shouldn't this be a place to voice the disappointment? They read the boards, you can get your point accross better than if you post on JHs boards, since it's all "flowers and sunshine" blown up your skirt there, and if you dare post a negative the kling ons attack you.

What better place than in a medium that allows you to voice good and bad??? I love my CC simply because if JH lets a fart and can say "it stinks" not "Oh did you smell that nice little bouquet?"

JMO and I'm not going to stop voicing it, but you are welcome to block me,

Carole

We're in the middle of a recession, prices on everything have been rising, people have less discretionary money ... and the cruise prices have stayed the same pretty much. Something has to give.

Are there changes that I am not happy with? Sure. I loved the live Caribbean music on the Lido deck. There are others. But all cruiselines pretty much have cut back in different areas.

Carnival is still offering me the chance to sit on a nice boat, with fun activities, takes me to amazing ports to see tropical delights, where I can get off and have amazing experiences. The food is still good, there is plenty of fun to be had on board ...

I can understand not liking some of the changes. I can't understand the hate and lack of understanding, or the acting like the current product is not a quality value - it is.

LOL...sometimes would just love to lay this out when upset about something..so sad about my Spirit Splurge when they are so far and few between,,it was just an off cruise bummer..Sarah.

You ar so nice and fair and elegant when you have something to say you have even a better punch when deserved....loved it..happy Thursday Nebraska, praying CarnivAL WILL TAKE HEAD AND BOUNCE IT BACK UP A BIT..Sarah

awwwwww thank you Sarah, you're always such a breeze of fresh air, we have got to cruise together sometimes!!!

Carole

we are carnival fans and have a cruise history to prove it.

Some of us express the frustration precisely because we love crusing with carnival.

It just pains to see the direction carnival seems to take lately as a company.

This is so true. I have been cruising with Carnival since 1987 - but lately have had to wonder what they are thinking on some of the things they have been doing.

I presently have 4 cruises booked with Carnival and have no plans to stop cruising with them. I also have cruises booked with other Cruise lines. I am not loyal to any one line. I am loyal to my pocketbook for the cruise I want to take at the time.

I do believe there are people who have never stepped foot on a Carnival ship on here bad mouthing Carnival and I also wonder why.

We're in the middle of a recession, prices on everything have been rising, people have less discretionary money ... and the cruise prices have stayed the same pretty much. Something has to give.

Are there changes that I am not happy with? Sure. I loved the live Caribbean music on the Lido deck. There are others. But all cruiselines pretty much have cut back in different areas.

Carnival is still offering me the chance to sit on a nice boat, with fun activities, takes me to amazing ports to see tropical delights, where I can get off and have amazing experiences. The food is still good, there is plenty of fun to be had on board ...

I can understand not liking some of the changes. I can't understand the hate and lack of understanding, or the acting like the current product is not a quality value - it is.

I actually don't hate Carnival at all, although I am very disappointed in the bedding I've gotten lately, I LOVE my Carnival Comfort bed!!!! My last cruise the bed was hard and so lumpy I felt like I was sleeping on a mattress filled with rocks, ugh (old nurse, bad back, blah, blah, blah)

Ok so I have a cochlear implant and am pretty much not a music lover anymore :( because electronic sound isn't the same as normal hearing.

I don't hate any of it!!!

I do hate that JH is spending so much time on negativity in his blog against Cruise Critic, if you read him daily you see a LOT of back biting and mentions of CC in a very ugly manner.

I think it makes the company look shoddy for accepting this from someone that is supposed to be front line PR.

I just have to stick up for the fact that this is Cruise Critic, people have a right to voice their good experiences and bad ones, when you remove the right to say "hey I'm not happy because..........." people call it negativity???

If not everyone is posting flowers and light, then you know what??? Move on to the next post, but don't try and take away peoples rights to voice opinions, for every negative post there are 5 others saying "we had a great time"

Not everything is going to be "brilliant" for everyone, and if that is what people expect they need to go to a board that drinks the kool aid, and JH farts roses.

Here it's real life experiences, and I value that. I can either figure out how to avoid the pitfalls or not cruise at that time (for instance I know enough not to cruise a short cruise during spring break if I will be offended by rowdy party type folks)

It's good info and it should be taken for what it is. Seems any negative comments are being labeled as Haters.

JMO, Carole

Archived