Feeling sad...

lady95

Every two years my in-laws would take the entire family (14 all together) on the family cruise. We have woderful memories. In the midst of planning this year's cruise both my in-laws passed away 3 months of one another. Despite our great sadness, we decided to go on the cruise anyway and honor their legacy. We were supposed to leave this Saturday the 21st with 12 other family members on the Gem for Florida and the Bahamas but we had a crisis of our own. My daughter was recently hospitilized with a serous illness and the risk of infection was to great so we had to postpone. I did reschedule us today for March 10th, 2013 on the Pearl but I will sure miss the laughter of the family. Saving grace we got the insurance. It was well worth it in this situation. Bon Voyage Family! Have a great time.:)

I hope your daughter is recovering, you are all in my prayers. You've had a rough year of losses and the cruise would have been a nice escape with family. On the bright side, in March your daughter will be with you cruising.

Lady95, I'm sad for you too, but you can look forward to your 2013 cruise as a family. It sounds like your inlaws were not only generous but loving too as you cherish those memories.

When I travel with my mom she always packs a tiny framed picture of my dad, (he has been deceased for 12 years now), and puts it on the side table. She says it's like taking him along. She sees his face first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. Maybe next year you could take along a favorite photo of your inlaws on your cruise.

Wishing good thoughts to your daughter's health.

Every two years my in-laws would take the entire family (14 all together) on the family cruise. We have woderful memories. In the midst of planning this year's cruise both my in-laws passed away 3 months of one another. Despite our great sadness, we decided to go on the cruise anyway and honor their legacy. We were supposed to leave this Saturday the 21st with 12 other family members on the Gem for Florida and the Bahamas but we had a crisis of our own. My daughter was recently hospitilized with a serous illness and the risk of infection was to great so we had to postpone. I did reschedule us today for March 10th, 2013 on the Pearl but I will sure miss the laughter of the family. Saving grace we got the insurance. It was well worth it in this situation. Bon Voyage Family! Have a great time.:)

So sorry to hear you are going through all of this. Hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery.

Archived