New Zealand only cruises

My wife and I will be travelling from the UK to attend a family event in Auckland next February. Whilst there we are hoping to take in a cruise, preferably before the event, or after if needs be, which will allow us to see something of New Zealand as this is likely to be our only ever visit there.

We are committed Princess cruisers but the only cruises they offer which either start or end in Auckland take in Australia as well which we don't want to do as we've already been there.

Does anyone know whether any of the cruise lines offer New Zealand only cruises? We've searched and can't find any but hope someone may know of one we've missed. Thanks.

I haven't done a search, but I know there are some cruises on Celebrity and RCI (I think) which start in Auckland, go all the way around New Zealand and then end in Sydney. It may be worth considering doing that and then flying home from Sydney, or seeing if you can arrange to not do the last couple of days of the cruise so that you can get off the ship at the last New Zealand Port, if this is allowed. Hopefully someone here will be able to give you a more informed view.

I haven't done a search, but I know there are some cruises on Celebrity and RCI (I think) which start in Auckland, go all the way around New Zealand and then end in Sydney. It may be worth considering doing that and then flying home from Sydney, or seeing if you can arrange to not do the last couple of days of the cruise so that you can get off the ship at the last New Zealand Port, if this is allowed. Hopefully someone here will be able to give you a more informed view.

i dont think you will be able to get off in NZ when you wanted to and the cruise line would make you pay the fare to Sydney

Grand Pacific do a land tour around NZ and that would be a better option

I think I read somewhere recently Celebrity is currently offering free return flights in Australia for some of their NZ cruises. When we booked in April we paid $99 for return flights Melbourne - Sydney, then Auckland - Melbourne as part of the cruise package. I don't know if they are offering the same deal or similar in NZ, but if they are maybe you could book through your family in NZ and make use of the return flights ...?

Orion Expedition Cruises do have one itinerary devoted solely to NZ.

They are a small upmarket line and I have not checked the fare......

which I imagine would be fairly pricey .

8-Nov-2012, departs Auckland, New Zealand

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Auckland, New Zealand

2 White Island, New Zealand

3 Napier, New Zealand

4 At Sea

5 Marlborough Sounds

6 Christchurch (Akaroa), New Zealand

7 Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand

8 Stewart Island, New Zealand

9 Dusky Sound, New Zealand

9 Doubtful Sound, New Zealand

10 Milford Sound, New Zealand

11 Bluff, New Zealand

We have twice done NZ from Sydney with Princess but nowadays they appear to be starting from Brisbane These cruises would be 13 or 14 days There are not many that commence in New Zealand as they do not have a ship stationed there.

The RCII ones sometimes take in Tasmania first

Archived