Recommendations for Alaska on the Spirit

TheTeach

We're taking our first cruise in June to Alaska on the Norwegian Spirit. What on shore activities would you recommend for 2 adults in their 40's (energetic) and my parents who are in good shape and in their early 70's ? My dad would like to go deep sea fishing, any suggestions for the most reasonable excursion ? Should we try to book something now or just wait until we get off the ship ?

Someone said we should take our own water since they charge for drinks. What advice could you give some inexperienced cruisers ? Thanks ! :D

Check out the Alaska ports of call section. You'll find lots of other people cruising to Alaska that can give you some great advice.

Someone said we should take our own water since they charge for drinks.
If you only drink bottled water, then take your own but the ship's water is just fine for drinking. If you want them for while on shore, maybe bring a few bottles or buy them in port.

We're taking our first cruise in June to Alaska on the Norwegian Spirit. What on shore activities would you recommend for 2 adults in their 40's (energetic) and my parents who are in good shape and in their early 70's ? My dad would like to go deep sea fishing, any suggestions for the most reasonable excursion ? Should we try to book something now or just wait until we get off the ship ?

Someone said we should take our own water since they charge for drinks. What advice could you give some inexperienced cruisers ? Thanks ! :D

The Spirit is a lovely ship. We sailed on it in February and can't say enough good things about it.

As far as water. We generally just pick up bottled water or pop just before boarding and cool it down in the refrigerator. As Cecelia says too, the ships water is fine for drinking too.

Definitely spend the extra money to enjoy Le Bistro and Cagneys. What not to miss food wise in these restaurants are Chocolate Fondue at Le Bistro and the Shrimp Cocktail at Cagneys. These restaurant will have two for ones on certain nights so be sure to watch for them in the Freestyle Daily. Blue Lagoon (free) is a great choice for Fried Rice.

I recommend booking shore excursions ahead of time either independently or thru NCL. To wait until you get off may end up in disappointment or too much time wasted in trying to decide what to do. Eliminates a lot of stress.

If you would like to see some pictures of the Spirit go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingfrommn

Archived