Great Stirrup Cay rentals ?

I found out that in order to snorkel in great stirrup cay you need to wear a life vest. Does anyone know of we can just rent the vest and not the whole snorkel equiptment because we already have our own.

We are going on the Jewel in Dec. As recent pricing as possible please!

Thanks !

We have our own snorkel equipment and snorkeled GSC without a life vest when we were on the Norwegian Jewel in April. Perhaps the vest is mandatory only if you rent NCL's snorkel equipment?

It was reported here that is is manditory for all snorkelers..but some say not always enforced:confused:

I think many people have the wrong ideas about a snorkel vest. I'm 49 years old and an excellent swimmer. I wear one 99% of the time. It not only acts as a PFD but it relaxes you. It helps you float on top of the water so you can concentrate on seeing whats in the water rather than trying to float. Dozens of times I've watched people struggling with them, add a little air and go.

I think many people have the wrong ideas about a snorkel vest. I'm 49 years old and an excellent swimmer. I wear one 99% of the time. It not only acts as a PFD but it relaxes you. It helps you float on top of the water so you can concentrate on seeing whats in the water rather than trying to float. Dozens of times I've watched people struggling with them, add a little air and go.

You are 100 % right. I have been snorkelling many times before, and I am a pretty strong swimmer. I just didn't want to get to the island all ready with my snorkel stuff and told I cannot go into the water. But I will probably rent the vest anyway.

Yes,, you need to rent a vest in order to snorkel at GSC. No matter how great a swimmer you are, accidents can happen and NCL is not going to be liable. You can bring your own vest if you choose or rent for the day at a cost of $4.95.

Archived