flights from MSP to SJU in early Dec?

AllegraTiger

(cross posted in San Juan port of call thread)

Anyone have a sense of the average flight price from MSP to SJU in early December? Flights now have been bouncing between $500 at the low end to $700. Saw a fare early this morning for $519 pp but when I tried to book it disappeared. I know flight prices can change on a whim but an average would be helpful.

I haven't been a travel agent for several years so I really don't know what to expect. This would have been high "back then" since we're departing Nov 30 and returning Dec 8. With flight prices so high, this could be average now?!

Also, yes, I *have* searched the forums on this topic. While it's great to know someone paid $278 on NWA in 2007, it really doesn't help me in 2012.;)

Flying from MSP in late November I would try for a connecting flight in the South because of weather. Also check out Sun Country. They have direct flights to San Juan in season from MSP flying out of Humphrey terminal.

CruiserBruce, I know you can't post websites here, but is this on a standard/usual website? I've been searching for days and haven't seen anything below $500, even if I'm willing to make 2 connections. Azulann, sadly no service on Sun Country, Air Tran/Southwest is also $550ish, and Jet Blue doesn't fly out of MSP or Humphrey. We don't have many choices for budget airlines in MSP.

Archived