Wait List question

sosh

We are sailing on the Sept 30th Nautica cruise from Dover. This is our second on Oceania (Insignia a year ago). We wanted a PH on deck 8 but they were all sold so we opted for a Concierge on Deck 7 and we are on the wait list for the PH.

At this point would anyone have a best guess as to the odds of our getting a PH? Have never been on a waitlist before.

There are no guarantees. First of all, it depends on how many are ahead of you on the wait list. Maybe your TA can tell you about that number.

We were wait listed for a PH on the July 2010 Midnight Sun cruise but it never opened up. We were already on the cruise, as like you in a Deck 7 concierge cabin. We even asked when we checked in if there had been any last minute cancellations.

Nope.

I have no idea if priority would have been given to someone who is wait listed but doesn't have a backup cabin as opposed to us who did have a backup cabin.

There are so many variables that I doubt anyone can give you a real answer. The best time to move up (in my experience) is around pay-up date and it would appear yours has past. So it will be the luck of the draw.

Given the demographics of passengers, there can be last minute cancellations ... but you can't count on them.

Good luck!

Mura

We booked a PH for our cruise to the Black Sea last fall. Oceania needed a PH so bad they made us (ourTA) an offer we couldn't refuse. We gave up the Ph and moved down one cat

For what they offered us; we would of been fools to refuse. All I can say is they must of really needed the PH. We were fine with it; actually happy. P.S. We have a great TA.

Archived