Summit entertainment?

LICRUISEAHOLICS

We were on the June 24th Summit and actually thought the production shows were terrific - we went to the shows every night and enjoyed them very much !!

This was our first cruise on Celebrity and had previously cruised on RCCL and Princess and thought Celebrity entertainment was much better!!

Thanks! We usually cruise RC and princess too. So I'm pleased to hear you thought they were even better. And the beer and whiskey tasting sound fun. We usually try to get to the wine tasting on every cruise. We also spent many a late night at the schooner bar on the explorer and voyager. If you find a good piano player who keeps the energy level up- it's always a great time!!:D

Just got off the Summit last Sunday, July 8th.

IMHO, the singers and dancers in the production shows were fantastic. They were very talented. However, their talent was somewhat wasted in the shows which my group of 25 found to be somewhat lame. Other "Theater" events included the comedian who was okay- barely and a violinist that was great.

Above all, the shows were entertaining, and gave a great chance to sit with family/friends, have a drink and spend some time. The shows don't cost extra either. Remember you are on vacation!

JeweliM

We went to beer/whiskey tastings or listened to live music in lounges or revelations. We thoroughly enjoyed the options available outside the theater shows.

I'm familiar with the wine tastings offered, but not the ones for beer and whiskey. Husband drinks beer, son favors whiskey. Thought I might be nice and sign them each up for their respective tastings. Do you recall about how much each of them costs to do?

It always surprises how different we all feel about things. I was also on the July 1st sailing and thought the comedian was very funny. The production shows were comparable to those we've seen on RC, fun but a little dated. Alejandro was the CD, but was leaving right after our cruise. Not sure who took his place. I felt you really had to search out some of the other entertainers, musicians, etc. Their playing times seemed to be somewhat limited, IMHO, with an hour here and there, making it sometimes difficult to catch up with them. Again, just my thoughts. To me, it's all good, some just a little better than others. You'll be sailing on a beautiful ship...enjoy.

I'm familiar with the wine tastings offered, but not the ones for beer and whiskey. Husband drinks beer, son favors whiskey. Thought I might be nice and sign them each up for their respective tastings. Do you recall about how much each of them costs to do?

The beer tasting was quite expensive. I think nearly $30 but it IS 5 *large* pours. (It really was too much and I wished we had just shared one.)

The Jameson tasting was surprisingly inexpensive. IIRC, it was $16 and was also 5 *large* servings. We had wised up and just did 1 to share and we still nursed those for hours! We were the ONLY people at the whiskey tasting. It was a great event.

Both events were offered several times (at least twice, maybe more) and there was no need to sign up in advance. I don't recall seeing a way to sign up in advance.

Just off this morning. First Celebrity cruise.

The new CD, Justin, was FABULOUS in every way. The best we've had to date after a couple of dozen cruises. Entertainment and production shows equally as good.

As for the food and hotel management related areas, we won't be back....sorry.

Just off this morning. First Celebrity cruise.

The new CD, Justin, was FABULOUS in every way. The best we've had to date after a couple of dozen cruises. Entertainment and production shows equally as good.

As for the food and hotel management related areas, we won't be back....sorry.

Can you elaborate?

Anne

Just off the Summit this morning. We went to every show except for the second production show "Sirens", which was presented on the night we got into Bermuda and we went into Hamilton to the Harbour Nights festival. We thought all of the shows that we saw were very good. Have a great time and if you have any questions I can answer for you, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Dean

We thought the new cruise director, Justin, was great. I had sailed with him previously, when he was activities manager on the Solstice and am glad to see that his hard work was recognized with a promotion. We found him to be very engaging and approachable.

Regards,

Dean

Can you elaborate?

Anne

The dining room:

- Not very clean

- Service, while most were pleasant, they didn't know what the heck they were doing most of the time...seems that the DR staff was just hired and are learning on the job

- The dinner menu doesn't have a theme, kind of like a diner menu. Boring and uninspiring.

- The food wasn't prepared or presented according to the menu description...the kitchen's interpretation is WAY off

- Every night, the meat was served with the same ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes, two green beans, and three slices of carrots...oversalted

- Don't even think about anytime dining...choose fixed seating. They CANNOT manage walk ins. You would get a number, be pointed in a place to sit and wait, and then when they have room will shout your number through out the room until you hear it. So tacky!

- MANY passengers had the same complaints...not just my family

The buffet:

- Not nearly enough staff to clear tables

- My son thought his college cafeteria was much better in food and service

- Did someone say recent refurbish? Where?

- Cleanliness, food quality, and presentation substandard.

I do apologize if I offend anyone. But Celebrity prides itself on being a cut above other mainstream lines and I expected more than that. Perhaps it is just a Summit issue, but WOW. I'm turned off.

Take note that you shouldn't rush to get on the ship the first day. As your rooms won't be ready until 1 to 2 pm, you will have to find a place to kill time with your carry-ons along with everyone else....things will get more than a little tight!

We met some very nice people on board. Bermuda was fabulous and the weather cooperated, the live entertainment was terrific, and the CD could not have been better. But as I mentioned, the food and hotel management is a disaster and needs an overhaul.

The dining room:

- Not very clean

- Service, while most were pleasant, they didn't know what the heck they were doing most of the time...seems that the DR staff was just hired and are learning on the job

- The dinner menu doesn't have a theme, kind of like a diner menu. Boring and uninspiring.

- The food wasn't prepared or presented according to the menu description...the kitchen's interpretation is WAY off

- Every night, the meat was served with the same ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes, two green beans, and three slices of carrots...oversalted

- Don't even think about anytime dining...choose fixed seating. They CANNOT manage walk ins. You would get a number, be pointed in a place to sit and wait, and then when they have room will shout your number through out the room until you hear it. So tacky!

- MANY passengers had the same complaints...not just my family

The buffet:

- Not nearly enough staff to clear tables

- My son thought his college cafeteria was much better in food and service

- Did someone say recent refurbish? Where?

- Cleanliness, food quality, and presentation substandard.

I do apologize if I offend anyone. But Celebrity prides itself on being a cut above other mainstream lines and I expected more than that. Perhaps it is just a Summit issue, but WOW. I'm turned off.

Take note that you shouldn't rush to get on the ship the first day. As your rooms won't be ready until 1 to 2 pm, you will have to find a place to kill time with your carry-ons along with everyone else....things will get more than a little tight!

We met some very nice people on board. Bermuda was fabulous and the weather cooperated, the live entertainment was terrific, and the CD could not have been better. But as I mentioned, the food and hotel management is a disaster and needs an overhaul.

Inquiring Minds want MORE information! Please do a full review. Lots of us are sailing on the Summit to Bermuda. This is our first Celebrity cruise but we went to Alaska on Princess and that was great. Celebrity used to better than Princess years ago. We are doing select dining as well.

Loking forward to your detailed review:

Winterpeg, I would be happy to answer any questions but the OP had entertainment in mind, and I took it in a different direction and apologize to the OP. I expressed my disappointment in the cruise I just got off of this morning simply because it was fresh on my mind. I am an Elite Princess cruiser and will admit that the Summit far surpassed Princess in the production show department. As you have read in my post, IMO they dropped the ball big time in food and housekeeping. If you have any specific questions, please create a post and I (as well as others) will answer them.

I don't plan on eating in MDR or buffet but will still like to hear about the rest of your experience particularly your cabin when you have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you plan on eating then?

Kendon, Sorry you and your family had such a poor cruise:eek::(

I have been on Summit 4 times and will be going on her again

in November:D:):D

As for Sandi and where she will be dining? Blu, as she has an AQ

cabin;)

Where do you plan on eating then?

As Lois so kindly responded, we will eat primarily in Blu which is why we book AQuaclass There are many fining options beyond MDR and buffet, including Aqua spa cafe, Mast Grill, cafe al Bacio (all at no charge) as well as fee based options in Bistro on Five, Normandie and Qsine.

I wasn't trying to downplay your negative experience, just point out that there are other dining venues on board

Archived