Babysitting service on Explorer

foreverinmyheart

We will be traveling to Bermuda on the Explorer and were thinking of getting the babysitting (in room) service one night so the hubby and I could get some adult time. However, I am not sure how comfortable I am with a complete stranger (most likely from another country) watching my kids. Would love to hear other's experiences about this. I believe they charge $19 per hour and I would assume we would tip them as well, is this correct?

The 6 year old can go to the kids club...the 2 1/2 year old isn't old enough....3 is the min. age. AO does have some evening activities so your 6 year old can be kept busy.

The in-cabin babysitters are trustworthy.....many, many use them all the time. You will have to sign up ASAP...they are not guaranteed to be available.

Not sure about the charges...I know they have gone up in recent years....yes...a tip would be a nice thing. Doesn't have to be huge!!

Yes the 6 year old will be in Adventure Ocean (no worries there). On Explorer they don't have the nursery for the younger ones yet (it's coming in 2013/2014). So you will have to rely on in cabin sitting for the 2.5 year old. You book when you board. It is not guaranteed. They send two people and the current prices are something like $19 or $20/hour.

Archived