Courtesy Hold - 24 hours???

I need some help with the courtesy hold ... RCI in Australia does not open over the weekend and the cabin Category I have been wanting became available yesterday, so I called my TA, and because RCI doesnt open on weekends all we could do was put a 24 hour on the cabin ....

So now I am wondering .... Will this come off today (sunday) and then i will have to do it again .... To keep the hold until business hours monday (aussie time)????? Or does RCIs computer know its the weekend??? Thats probably a silly assumption!!!!

I think the 24 hour hold is strictly only 24 hours meaning even if it falls over a weekend or holiday it will still automatically be release since I'm sure it's probably computerized.

You will have to continue putting a courtesy hold if you want that room/room type

I think the 24 hour hold is strictly only 24 hours meaning even if it falls over a weekend or holiday it will still automatically be release since I'm sure it's probably computerized.

You will have to continue putting a courtesy hold if you want that room/room type

thanks PinkLemonade ... I have it under surveillance ... both by checking regularly this morning and through that website we can't mention here that monitors price changes lol!!!!!

I need some help with the courtesy hold ... RCI in Australia does not open over the weekend and the cabin Category I have been wanting became available yesterday, so I called my TA, and because RCI doesnt open on weekends all we could do was put a 24 hour on the cabin ....

So now I am wondering .... Will this come off today (sunday) and then i will have to do it again .... To keep the hold until business hours monday (aussie time)????? Or does RCIs computer know its the weekend??? Thats probably a silly assumption!!!!

Your agent should be able to hold it for you for longer than 24 hours unless the cruise is very soon.

Gina

Probably dumb question..... but why can't your TA call the US number?

RCI website has just gone into maintenance mode ... haha it's saturday in the US and Sunday here in Australia. I think I will have to suck it and see and wait until later today or tomorrow morning to see if I have to do the courtesy hold again!!!

Probably US eastern time. I'm in the same time zone as RCI main office so that makes it easy for me.

Gina

Lucky you living in florida!!! Mind you Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) Australia is a nice place to live. although I live in the hinterland - 20 minutes from surfers! Still both places are beautiful parts of the world.

You usually get an email saying your hold is about to expire, but just assume it will anyway. I have had times it remained active and once they called me to seeing If I was still interested and it was long past the 24 hrs

thanks Stephanie1 - I hope this happens to me!

We had a booked cabin with deposit paid when I found a better cabin. I put it on hold over the weekend, late Sat I think. Rang RCI first thing Monday morning. No problem. Got the new cabin, same price. Just keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Lucky you living in florida!!! Mind you Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) Australia is a nice place to live. although I live in the hinterland - 20 minutes from surfers! Still both places are beautiful parts of the world.

We spent a week in Gold Coast in March. We went to the top of that building in Surfer's Paradise with the view, too. We loved your part of the world. Our friends shifted to Paradise Point, from close by, the day after we left to go on the Radiance of the Seas.

OK, I'm off topic. I just wanted to get that in. :)

Gina

The hold lastest 48 hours ... I.e. from 10 am ish saturday until same time monday. Its now been extended until wednesday while they sort out whether I can have the paid upgrade. The Ts And Cs on the RCI website for the current winter to summer sale does NOT mention new bookings so its a waiting game to see if the US says OK and rearranges my reservations as I have 3 now, 2 fully paid and 1 hold.... Cross your fingers for me please!

We spent a week in Gold Coast in March. We went to the top of that building in Surfer's Paradise with the view, too. We loved your part of the world. Our friends shifted to Paradise Point, from close by, the day after we left to go on the Radiance of the Seas.

OK, I'm off topic. I just wanted to get that in. :)

Gina

Yes mommabean ... Great place the Goldy and you are referring to Q1 !!

Archived