Gibbs Lighthouse question

vavasmom

How much time should I allocate for a visit to Gibbs Lighthouse?

I know my DD and BFF will want to climb the stairs to the top.

We will be going on our second (and final day) in port - a Sunday. I have a 9 -11 snorkle planned and then hope to make it to the light house. We depart at 5pm so all aboard should be 4:30.

I had thought about going Saturday but suspect we will spend the entire afternoon at Horseshoe Bay.

Thanks,

Barbara

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

If I recall correctly, we didn't spend much more than 60-90 minutes at the lighthouse.

It didn't take all that long to climb. You can stop along the way up to see the artifacts and read about the history of the lighthouse...the landings as you make your way up the stairs have displays. Once you get to the top you can get outside (through a very narrow opening. Even INSIDE the space is quite tight at the top) and walk around, but once that's been done and you've taken some photos there's not much left to do but walk down to the ground.

There's a small gift shop there but even if you go through the entire shop it won't take more than 5-10 minutes.

OP, just be mindful that the bus does not drop you off right at the lighthouse. You can get off at Henry VIII restaurant and it's about a 5-8 minute walk up a hill. There's a little convenience store that's part of the restaurant if you need something to drink on the way up.

I think 60-90 minutes is more than generous. I think an hour from when you get off the bus (if you are taking the bus) the walk AND the climb up, spending time admiring the view the climb down and the walk back to the bus stop is plenty of time. When we went we went on scooters but from when we arrived until when we left it was only about a half hr. Mind the bus schedule so you can maximize your time there and minimize your time waiting for a bus.

Archived