Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel

CimW

I am trying to decide whether or not to go with my mom and sister on their cruise to these ports. Cruise is next month, mid August.

I know it is hotter than hot down there, so my question:

Are there shops or restaurants or anything in the touristy areas that have air conditioning? That way I could bip in and get cool for a while.

We don't do the beach or pools, just shopping.

thanks

When is the cruise? I've been to Cozumel in January and it wasn't bad at all, but if you're going in the summer I'd want a/c, too! All the stores in Cozumel I went in had a/c. I going on this same itinerary in February, never been to Grand Cayman or Jamaica before, but I would assume for the tourists, they have a/c in most places.

In the main shopping areas, Grand Cayman, almost all have a/c, Cozumel, MOST have a/c, but the ones that do not are right next door that you can go into for a few minutes, Jamaica, which is my favorite port, most DO NOT have a/c. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Not sure where in Jamaica you're going but my family all did the Dunn's River Falls excursion combined with various other excursions. You could stay cool in the water. As far as shopping goes, I can't think of anything in Jamaica that would be worth leaving the ship for. AND the locals harrass you to buy their stuff (junk). We got suckered into buying a piece of wooden crap because they asked our names and then in lightning speed carved them into the item so that we were guilted into buying it. Happened to one of my sons too and they asked for way more money than the item was worth. It'd be a good idea not to have any cash on you in that circumstance. So if you're just going to shop, I think you'd enjoy the other two ports. Maybe you could enjoy having the ship mostly to yourself on Jamaica day. Get a massage or something. I would never turn down a chance to cruise.

Wow, so sorry your experience in Jamaica was that bad. We have been 8 times and love it. We also did Dunn's river and admit the people were very pushy, but I never felt unsafe. In the Montego Bay area, we always felt safe, but we do stay in the ships reccomended shopping area. I do know some will approach some wanting to sell you drugs, this happened to my son, not to us. I guess they thought we were to old to buy drugs. ANYWAY, HAVE A GREAT CRUISE. It is a beautiful island, if you get a chance take an excursion into the mountain area, very relaxing.

If you don't like hot weather you may be miserable. Of course, you can try to stay inside for the most part but isn't that sort of defeating the whole cruise experience? Yes, it is hot in August in the Caribbean. Yes, most of the shops are air conditioned but you still have to walk down the street to get to them. Prepare to be hot and hopefully you'll get a cool wave blow through! :D

p.s. Too bad I couldn't go with them. I love all those stops and the beaches they have! ;)

If you don't like hot weather you may be miserable. Of course, you can try to stay inside for the most part but isn't that sort of defeating the whole cruise experience? Yes, it is hot in August in the Caribbean. Yes, most of the shops are air conditioned but you still have to walk down the street to get to them. Prepare to be hot and hopefully you'll get a cool wave blow through! :D

p.s. Too bad I couldn't go with them. I love all those stops and the beaches they have! ;)

No beaches, you would have to stay with them and shop! :D

But... I just booked myself on the cruise :p

Archived