Carnival Fantasy Class 3 yr old sleeping arrangements?

nicole276

We are looking at taking a cruise and every one we have looked at is on a Carnival Fantasy Class Ship in an interior room because of price. DD is 5 and DS is 3. I think DD would be okay on the pull down beds, but puting DS up there makes me a little nervous. What are our options? Or has anyone done this before? This is our first family cruise, so I'm not even sure what those beds are like. Thanks :)

We have a toddler size air mattress we love that we travel with sometimes for our 3 yr old DD.

Our next cruise is on a fantasy class ship and we plan to use a Trundle bed for DD. We may still bring the air mattress in case we find that easier than a trundle bed but from pics it looks pretty low to the ground.

Could you see if they have an interior room with a trundle bed?

Our last cruise was in a suite so DD slept on the couch bed with a bunkbed over it that DS slept in. We just pushed the coffee table next to the bed so she couldn't roll out.

Ask for a rollaway or trundle. The trundle can be stored under the bed. The trundle sits about 2 inches from the ground, think of it as a pallet.

Hint---On the Fantasy class cabins have the lowers placed in an L. On along the 'window' wall and the other along the wall opposite the vanity. Not too romantic for the parents but will give you so much more walking around room.

Look on the Carnival board. There are many pix of the upper bunks. There is a safety rail.

When I sleep up there I place a small shoe holder on the hook beside the bunk. This becomes my nightstand. Nothing worse than to crawl up & down just for a tissue.

Going back a few years - when we were on Elation I put the mattress on the floor. There was no way my "baby" was going up there ;) she was 2 at the time.

Actually I didn't allow her to spend the night in an upper until last year on the Gem when she was 7. But she sleeps kind of weird lol

IMG_0047.jpg

We had two pull down beds for the twins in March. They were 3 at the time and it worked just fine. I found blow up bumpers on OneStepAhead dot com for $45. The set came with two bumpers and a foot pump. It was small to travel with and took 2 mins to set up. The bumpers went under the fitted sheet to stay put. The beds are huge for a 3 year old and they worked just fine. Our room steward set them up for us each night and commented on how cleaver we were :D I never once had a safety concern. In fact, our bed below was under the two pull downs. If they happen to fall, they would fall on us before the floor. Never once did they attempt anything silly- they know better and we talked about it before we went.

Archived