Lost camera/media on Isla Pasion Cozumel last Friday were you there?

I realize this is like searching for a needle in a haystack, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We were on the Magic last week and lost our camera, a Nikon Coolpix S6000 in a black zippered case inside a ziploc bag last Friday. We were on the Twister Isla Passion trip in boat three. We took pics there and kept all stuff together for the time we were there. All I can tell you is that son napped while we went in ocean. At the time to leave, we put everything back in the bag, so we thought, and went to twister boat three. Back at the ship we unpacked an no camera.

I don't think anyone would steal the camera, but no one would know how to get it back to us either since our name was nowhere on the camera (I have learned a lesson here).

We had an 8 gig memory card with all 6 prior days of the cruise on the card in the camera and in a zip compartment we had a 8 gig card with 50th birthday, 25th anniversary, a Vegas trip with mom, 16th birthday pics of twin neice/nephew, last pics of MIL before she passed, concerts, my wonderful pet cats (2 siamese and one long hair red/white) and so much more on it. Of course I want the cards back, but don't care so much about the camera. My only hope is that someone found it and didn't know how to get it back to its owner.

I know this is a stab in the dark, but had to ask. Will do a Magic review on a separate post.

This will be our "cruise with no pictures of anything we did in ports" cruise!

Also, is there a way to engrave these little buggers for the future?

I am so sorry you lost your pictures..I know it is heartbreaking. My sister lost her waterproof camera when we were cave tubing in Belize in July. There were only 3 days of pictures on hers. I really hope you at least get your memory card back!!

I typed a note on the computer before we left and took a picture of it with my name and phone number and a pleading that if this camera is found, PLEASE contact me.

I realize this is like searching for a needle in a haystack, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We were on the Magic last week and lost our camera, a Nikon Coolpix S6000 in a black zippered case inside a ziploc bag last Friday. We were on the Twister Isla Passion trip in boat three. We took pics there and kept all stuff together for the time we were there. All I can tell you is that son napped while we went in ocean. At the time to leave, we put everything back in the bag, so we thought, and went to twister boat three. Back at the ship we unpacked an no camera.

I don't think anyone would steal the camera, but no one would know how to get it back to us either since our name was nowhere on the camera (I have learned a lesson here).

We had an 8 gig memory card with all 6 prior days of the cruise on the card in the camera and in a zip compartment we had a 8 gig card with 50th birthday, 25th anniversary, a Vegas trip with mom, 16th birthday pics of twin neice/nephew, last pics of MIL before she passed, concerts, my wonderful pet cats (2 siamese and one long hair red/white) and so much more on it. Of course I want the cards back, but don't care so much about the camera. My only hope is that someone found it and didn't know how to get it back to its owner.

I know this is a stab in the dark, but had to ask. Will do a Magic review on a separate post.

This will be our "cruise with no pictures of anything we did in ports" cruise!

Also, is there a way to engrave these little buggers for the future?

Isla Pasion has a facebook page....maybe you can try to contact them through that and see if they have it?

Sorry you lost the camera. Not that it helps you much now, but the first picture I have on my memory cards is one of a card with my name and address and a statement that says "if found, you are welcome to keep the camera, but please return the memory card to the above address."

I can only hope that if I ever lose my camera and someone finds it, they will send the memory card back.

Sorry you lost the camera. Not that it helps you much now, but the first picture I have on my memory cards is one of a card with my name and address and a statement that says "if found, you are welcome to keep the camera, but please return the memory card to the above address."

I can only hope that if I ever lose my camera and someone finds it, they will send the memory card back.

Great idea

Great idea. Having never lost a camera, I never thought to do this. Believe me, I will do this the future camera I buy! It's the media I will truly miss.

Luckily many of these pics are on my computer, but some including the current vacation weren't. I need to get a good back up external drive.

What would I save in a fire? After the living things (of course), it would be my pics!

Somewhere on the internet is a site called is this your camera or something like that sorry i am so vague. People post photos from cameras that they have found in the hope that the original owners see their photos. Google it and then keep an eye out for it. Sorry that it was lost. Its actually ifoundyourcamera.net. Just googled it myself.

Somewhere on the internet is a site called is this your camera or something like that sorry i am so vague. People post photos from cameras that they have found in the hope that the original owners see their photos. Google it and then keep an eye out for it. Sorry that it was lost. Its actually ifoundyourcamera.net. Just googled it myself.

Thanks, I will look there. I know if I found a camera I would want to get it back to the owner.

I am an avid scrapbooker and my photos are my family diary!

I can hardly stand to hear your story, it strikes me right in my heart! I'm a photo-shooting maniac, and every card full of images is like a treasure chest to me. It doesn't help being clumsy and prone to leaving equipment lying around. I actually left a video camera at a table twice while on the Dream and had the good fortune to return to the spot that I left it, both times, to find it undisturbed. I once had an SD card fail after my daughter and I spent several hours tracking wild horses in Colorado. To this day, I think about those lost photos. Sorry this happened to you.

I can hardly stand to hear your story, it strikes me right in my heart! I'm a photo-shooting maniac, and every card full of images is like a treasure chest to me. It doesn't help being clumsy and prone to leaving equipment lying around. I actually left a video camera at a table twice while on the Dream and had the good fortune to return to the spot that I left it, both times, to find it undisturbed. I once had an SD card fail after my daughter and I spent several hours tracking wild horses in Colorado. To this day, I think about those lost photos. Sorry this happened to you.

Yes, it kind of ruined the rest of that day for me, though I tried not to act like it. The next day I tried to get more pics on a back up camera around the ship but the ones with the people weren't there. Here is the other part of the story that I didn't mention:

After we got back to the room and I realized camera was gone, is said a few choice words, then I still had to go out and retrieve my son from a bar in the port where we had left him. Looked everywhere and didn't see him. Looked some more. Very crowded everywhere. I panicked and went back to ship and told husband to get passports as I couldn't find son--wasn't where we told him to be. It put the camera issue into perspective real fast.

Of course we did find him but that was probably one of the most stressful cruise days I have ever had in 25 years. Thinking you lost your son in port (he's a young adult and was with someone else but we had his ID) changes the camera issue into a non-issue at that point! My son thought it was funny that I thought he had vanished. Me? Not so much but I sure was relieved.

So day 6 from about 2:00 on was pretty crappy.

Day 7 was better and I was thankful we were all together.

Thank you Sandy. I usually guard it like gold and still don't know what really happened.

Bless your heart. I guess just one of "those things". Im glad your son was okay. I can only imagine your scare of not finding him. I can certainly understand the camera becoming 2nd priority. Maybe you will have a happy ending to come back and share with, and beautiful pictures to post. :) Sandy

I took advice and contacted Isla pasion and guess what? I heard back on Tuesday from the manager at that island, that they found my camera! So I called Carnival and spoke to someone who told me to send an email with all the details to them. I sent them everything they asked for immediately. I got an automatic response that it can take up to 10 days or more to respond. By then who knows where it will be. I am now worried since that was last Tuesday and I have not even gotten a response. I worry that the longer they take, the less the chance that my camera has of getting back to me. I asked the email to be sent to the shore excursion manager on the ship who would be able to retrieve it the next time in that port.

The customer service rep told me to put that in the email as well. What I find interesting is that no one in all of Carnival has even acknoweged the email.

Was so happy they found it at the island, but since I have heard nothing back from anyone, I am worried. I have since gone out a purchased a new camera as I need one for a big event tomorrow but I desperately want the old one and the media back.

I took advice and contacted Isla pasion and guess what? I heard back on Tuesday from the manager at that island, that they found my camera! So I called Carnival and spoke to someone who told me to send an email with all the details to them. I sent them everything they asked for immediately. I got an automatic response that it can take up to 10 days or more to respond. By then who knows where it will be. I am now worried since that was last Tuesday and I have not even gotten a response. I worry that the longer they take, the less the chance that my camera has of getting back to me. I asked the email to be sent to the shore excursion manager on the ship who would be able to retrieve it the next time in that port.

The customer service rep told me to put that in the email as well. What I find interesting is that no one in all of Carnival has even acknoweged the email.

Was so happy they found it at the island, but since I have heard nothing back from anyone, I am worried. I have since gone out a purchased a new camera as I need one for a big event tomorrow but I desperately want the old one and the media back.

I'm glad they found it...hopefully you will hear soon. I'm thinking about this tour how was it? I'm not interested in the twister part of it, I was thinking more of the catamaran. How was the atmosphere, beach, drinks and food?

Hoping it all comes out good for you!

That is GREAT news!!! You certainly are lucky!!

Is there a reason that carnival is getting involved in getting it back to you? Have you tried asking the island if you can make shipping arrangements directly?

That is GREAT news!!! You certainly are lucky!!

Is there a reason that carnival is getting involved in getting it back to you? Have you tried asking the island if you can make shipping arrangements directly?

When I initially emailed them, I heard back that they found it after we left and that we should hear from Carnival about it soon. I asked if she still had it and if so I would be happy to do whatever needed to pay for getting it back with extra.

I never heard back....

I may try again on Tuesday again. I am tied up all day and night at a preplanned event Monday through Tuesday noon but will see again if I can hear back.

The actual island is nice. The drinks are plentiful, I LOVE their Guacamole, the beach is nice, the people are friendly. I would go back-espcially if they return my camera and would sing their praises forever!!

Our hostess Isabell was cute, funny and friendly. If you like beaches it is nice but it can get a bit crowded depending on how many Carnival ships are in port. There were two my day and an Royal just at our pier. I don't know about the other docks in town. Not all lines offer this tour thankfully.

If you don't hear back from carnival soon, try e-mailing cclsupport@carnival.com. I e-mailed carnival several times (through the carnival website) about a shore excursion question, and never heard back. I contacted ccl support through twitter and was given this e-mail. The ladies who monitor this e-mail address (and cclsupport on twitter) do a great job following up on various concerns. After I contacted them, I heard back from the shore excursion dept within a day or two. Apparently my other e-mails were "misdirected" and never made it to the intended recipient. If nothing else, cclsupport might be able to get a status update for you and confirm that the right people got your e-mail.

If you don't hear back from carnival soon, try e-mailing cclsupport@carnival.com. I e-mailed carnival several times (through the carnival website) about a shore excursion question, and never heard back. I contacted ccl support through twitter and was given this e-mail. The ladies who monitor this e-mail address (and cclsupport on twitter) do a great job following up on various concerns. After I contacted them, I heard back from the shore excursion dept within a day or two. Apparently my other e-mails were "misdirected" and never made it to the intended recipient. If nothing else, cclsupport might be able to get a status update for you and confirm that the right people got your e-mail.

I will try copying my original email to them then. thanks for the link. Do I use the /email after the .com?

The original one went guestcare@carnival.com I would like to at least have had an acknowlegement that they were following up on this.

I will try copying my original email to them then. thanks for the link. Do I use the /email after the .com?

The original one went guestcare@carnival.com I would like to at least have had an acknowlegement that they were following up on this.

The e-mail address is

cclsupport@carnival.com

I think the "/e-mail after the .com" that you are referring to is the beginning of my next sentence- I was typing on my ipad, and there may have been a typo! Sorry for any confusion.

I hope you get your camera back (and soon)!

When I initially emailed them, I heard back that they found it after we left and that we should hear from Carnival about it soon. I asked if she still had it and if so I would be happy to do whatever needed to pay for getting it back with extra.

I never heard back....

I may try again on Tuesday again. I am tied up all day and night at a preplanned event Monday through Tuesday noon but will see again if I can hear back.

The actual island is nice. The drinks are plentiful, I LOVE their Guacamole, the beach is nice, the people are friendly. I would go back-espcially if they return my camera and would sing their praises forever!!

Our hostess Isabell was cute, funny and friendly. If you like beaches it is nice but it can get a bit crowded depending on how many Carnival ships are in port. There were two my day and an Royal just at our pier. I don't know about the other docks in town. Not all lines offer this tour thankfully.

When we went there the only people on the island were the workers and the people who came over on our jet boat excursion. It was awesome. We had a huge section of the beach all to ourselves.

Archived