Lost camera/media on Isla Pasion Cozumel last Friday were you there?

After emailing the email listed here on Sunday, I heard back Tuesday that unfortunately they have not found my camera. I then emailed the rep at Isla Pasion who said, yes, Carnival has it and it will be sent to me. Problem is, nobody is reading these and following up. IF it was given to the ship, why is no one contacting the ship which is what I was told to put in the email. I know their operation is incredibly large, but I know the camera was returned and the only response I got was it has not been found.

THey have not told me that the ship or shore excursion manager has been contacted and I can get no one to talk to. It will be two weeks Friday and the ship returns for the first time to Cozumel. Apparently Carnival has the camera but has made no effort to return it.

I can only guess that my emails are one of thousands just sitting there getting ignored.

I am not feeling very positive any longer since no one has responded to my emails other than one fairly canned email with no details, which obviously was not followed up on or I assume they would have located it.

Udate: It has been two weeks since my cruise completed and no more news. The shore tour rep did return the camera right away, but still they say they have not found it. I find of wonder about the process. I have had to go buy a new camera for a recent event, but I sitll want my media back.

I am still holding out hope that I will get a call with it being sent back to Miami and I will get it back!

I'm crossing my fingers for you and I hope there will be a happy ending to this story!

I'm a bit of an airhead when it comes to my possessions and I've "lost" quite a few things (wallet with cash, Itouch, Kindle, etc., etc.) and things are always returned to me.

There are 2 websites for lost cameras but the #1 hands down is http://www.ifoundyourcamera.net/ Keep checking...post on all the lost/found camera sites also. Good luck!

I realize this is like searching for a needle in a haystack, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We were on the Magic last week and lost our camera, a Nikon Coolpix S6000 in a black zippered case inside a ziploc bag last Friday. We were on the Twister Isla Passion trip in boat three. We took pics there and kept all stuff together for the time we were there. All I can tell you is that son napped while we went in ocean. At the time to leave, we put everything back in the bag, so we thought, and went to twister boat three. Back at the ship we unpacked an no camera.

I don't think anyone would steal the camera, but no one would know how to get it back to us either since our name was nowhere on the camera (I have learned a lesson here).

We had an 8 gig memory card with all 6 prior days of the cruise on the card in the camera and in a zip compartment we had a 8 gig card with 50th birthday, 25th anniversary, a Vegas trip with mom, 16th birthday pics of twin neice/nephew, last pics of MIL before she passed, concerts, my wonderful pet cats (2 siamese and one long hair red/white) and so much more on it. Of course I want the cards back, but don't care so much about the camera. My only hope is that someone found it and didn't know how to get it back to its owner.

I know this is a stab in the dark, but had to ask. Will do a Magic review on a separate post.

This will be our "cruise with no pictures of anything we did in ports" cruise!

Also, is there a way to engrave these little buggers for the future?

Just read the rest of the thread. By chance, does your cruise director have a facebook? I would try to contact the CD and see if that gets anyone at Carnival's attention. I know our CD Noonan does have a facebook you could post on, so maybe yours does also?

I realize this is like searching for a needle in a haystack, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We were on the Magic last week and lost our camera, a Nikon Coolpix S6000 in a black zippered case inside a ziploc bag last Friday. We were on the Twister Isla Passion trip in boat three. We took pics there and kept all stuff together for the time we were there. All I can tell you is that son napped while we went in ocean. At the time to leave, we put everything back in the bag, so we thought, and went to twister boat three. Back at the ship we unpacked an no camera.

I don't think anyone would steal the camera, but no one would know how to get it back to us either since our name was nowhere on the camera (I have learned a lesson here).

We had an 8 gig memory card with all 6 prior days of the cruise on the card in the camera and in a zip compartment we had a 8 gig card with 50th birthday, 25th anniversary, a Vegas trip with mom, 16th birthday pics of twin neice/nephew, last pics of MIL before she passed, concerts, my wonderful pet cats (2 siamese and one long hair red/white) and so much more on it. Of course I want the cards back, but don't care so much about the camera. My only hope is that someone found it and didn't know how to get it back to its owner.

I know this is a stab in the dark, but had to ask. Will do a Magic review on a separate post.

This will be our "cruise with no pictures of anything we did in ports" cruise!

Also, is there a way to engrave these little buggers for the future?

I hope you get your camera back, this is always one of my worst fears when I'm on vacation, I always download my pictures at the end of every day just incase I would loose my camera I wouldn't loose all of my pictures. only the ones from that day.

I know this won't help you this time but what I do is take a picture of a piece of paper with my contact info on it and always leave that picture on the media card. For a cruise I take a picture of my boarding pass. If someone finds it and decides to be honest they have the info to return it.

I know this won't help you this time but what I do is take a picture of a piece of paper with my contact info on it and always leave that picture on the media card. For a cruise I take a picture of my boarding pass. If someone finds it and decides to be honest they have the info to return it.

i have my information on the very first picture of every memory card including a reward for returning , thanks for the idea of the boarding pass , never thought of that. :D

hope you get your camera back..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived