Changing Carnival Ships after Final Payment

doitallWMB

My DW is really worried about the Dream after the crowded slow service reviews. Is it difficult to switch between CCL ships after final payment? She wants the Legend instead of the Dream western Caribbean. Any thoughts?

I had minor issues with the Dream layout and occasional crowds, but nothing so bad that I would have ever changed ships. I would cruise on Dream again in a heartbeat. If you're going after summer break, I think things really become a lot more manageable. I went in November.

Its not worth losing your deposit over .. go with what you have booked .. you probably will find its a wonderful ship and just go with the flow and expect some lines.

I personally would not pay the cancellation fee to rebook. It will be at least either your deposit or 50% of your cruisefare, whichever is more $$$ to cancel and rebook.

Its not worth losing your deposit over .. go with what you have booked .. you probably will find its a wonderful ship and just go with the flow and expect some lines.

I personally would not pay the cancellation fee to rebook. It will be at least either your deposit or 50% of your cruisefare, whichever is more $$$ to cancel and rebook.

Ouch!! are you sure?? That is ridiculous! NCL doesn't do that and I don't think Princess a Carnival company does it either????!!!!!

That's the policy :(

I have sailed Dream twice, one for New Years (2011-2012) and this past April for a wedding.

After New Years I said I would not sail that ship again but did so AGAIN for the wedding. The ship does not "thrill" me and I have had much better service in some areas but I was still cruising and still had a great time. Go with an open mind and relax and enjoy. Carnival ships still are the F U N ships! You'll be fine!

i find it hard to beleiev that after final payment is due that ncl does not charge penalites i know royal does as does princess cruislines

cancelling after the final payment you will forfeit your deposit-depending on the amount of days for your cruise carnival is 250 pp for a 7 day cruise

Ouch!! are you sure?? That is ridiculous! NCL doesn't do that and I don't think Princess a Carnival company does it either????!!!!!

I too find it hard to believe that NCL and Princess dont have a severe cancellation policy if you wait to cancel until after final payment.

RCL has just as bad of a policy. I dont remember Princess's but think its similar.

i find it hard to beleiev that after final payment is due that ncl does not charge penalites i know royal does as does princess cruislines

cancelling after the final payment you will forfeit your deposit-depending on the amount of days for your cruise carnival is 250 pp for a 7 day cruise

Why would they want to encourage the extra work of lots of people making changes?

There can always be exceptions. Two years ago (Royal) we had to change to the next week and a different ship due to my DD having a major Brain F**t and scheduling during Mother's Day. She was absolutely not allowed off work. It took my SIL 45 minutes on the phone, but they agreed to change with no penalty. It did cost me an extra $1k due to pricing differences.

There can always be exceptions. Two years ago (Royal) we had to change to the next week and a different ship due to my DD having a major Brain F**t and scheduling during Mother's Day. She was absolutely not allowed off work. It took my SIL 45 minutes on the phone, but they agreed to change with no penalty. It did cost me an extra $1k due to pricing differences.

Very true, but I doubt CCL would consider "we're worried about the bad service and crowds aboard your cruise ship" an acceptable exception.

Glad someone actually fired you folks up! Looked like the CCL loyalists were losing their faith after seeing 91% of respondents recommend the Freedom OTS over the Dream on a recent post! Now we really do feel better about it. If someone gets that excited over a cancellation policy issue it must be ok! Our personal cruise consultant on NCL allowed us to change ships at no charge last year, must have been an exception, huh fire? We will have a good time no matter what, just asking a question and basing what I said on two personal experiences. Norwegian and Princess. Just saying.

Too bad you didn't book with one of them, Fire is correct.

What is your experience? So little you had to copy a legend's name? Don't be so sarcastic. It doesn't belong here. I asked question. That is it.:mad:

I just googled NCL's cancellation policy - it is identical to carnival's:

Carnival's cancellation policy for cruises 6 days or longer (carnival.com)

Up to 76 days. None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

75 to 56 days. Deposit

55 to 30 days Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater*

29 to 15 days Deposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater*

14 days or less 100% of*total*Fare

NCL's cancellations policy for cruises Longer than 6 days (NCL.com)

90 - 76 days (Holiday Only) Deposit

75 - 56 days Deposit

55 - 30 days 50%*

29 - 15 days 75%*

14 days or less 100%

*or deposit, whichever is higher

NCL has even stricter cancellation policies for their suite S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 and S9 categories.

I imagine that princess has a similar policy.

My DW is really worried about the Dream after the crowded slow service reviews. Is it difficult to switch between CCL ships after final payment? She wants the Legend instead of the Dream western Caribbean. Any thoughts?

We changed ships and dates recently on CCL and they charged us $50.00 per person admin. fee. No big deal, quite easy but we changed to "the Dream". :D Oh No!!!!!!! :(

It is not a cancellation, and that is what my PCC told me. It was a change within the line. Maybe it was an exception. Whatever you want to believe Kim300. I experienced it.

I wasn't questioning you- in fact I was typing my response when you posted your response about NCL allowing you to change ships after final payment, so I didn't see your post until just now. I'll sorry if you misunderstood. I was simply posting the can cancellation policies for both lines. Kudos to NCL for being so flexible, unfortunately, I don't think that Carnival is as flexible. My understanding is that Carnival would view it as a cancellation-unless you happen to get ahold of the right person at the right time. Carnival seems to be notorious for not being consistent in following its own policies. :)

I hope it all works out for you and you have a great cruise, on whichever ship you end up on!

Perhaps you might want to read some more of the Legend reviews before you switch.

I just sailed Legend with a friend who sailed on Dream last summer. To say she vastly preferred the Dream in an understatement.

I will. Thank you.

Archived