Kyoto Ryokans

MightyQuinn

We're planning to stay in Kyoto for several days before our cruise leaving from Kobe. We're thinking of staying in a ryokan for at least part, if not all, of our stay. Would appreciate any first-hand recommendations for centrally located ryokans. Many thanks.

Arigatou gozaimasu, Michael-san!

Just when I had abandoned hope of any response, you provide me with a link to a wonderful site all about Japanese ryokans! It even has a section all about Kyoto ryotans, just what I need to get better informed and organized.

Sure hope Google Translation worked with my best attempt at thank-you in Japanese! ;);)

Hi Mighty,

If you are going Cherry blossom time would suggest you stay a night at the westin - well located for you to do an early morning Philosophers walk.

Also as part of the CB festival there is a show with geishas and maikos including a traditional tea ceremony before. You will need to book tickets in october for april.

Hope you are keeping September 2014 open for our PG repeaters cruise - Working with the President to provide a slightly different itinerary and a couple of new islands on the 10 day itinerary along with b2b from Fiji for those who want.

Miriam

Hi Emdee-san. I catch on quickly! :):)

Thanks for the tip about Westin. Looks good. I'm not finding any availability in hotels for our dates during cherry blossom festival. If Trip Advisor is correct, it seems that properties don't load data until 3-4 months out. I'm not having this issue with ryokans.

Congrats on making a PG reunion cruise a reality. I'll catch up with you on the PF forum.

Archived