New sale on 26 th

dengirl69

I am new to Carnival so not sure how price drops really work.

Checked my cruise & it is still $759 but would get a $50 OBC (only 2 ppl in my room).

Since I have already booked my cruise & paid my deposit; do I still qualify for the OBC or is that only on new bookings? :confused:

I booked Magic for Aug 26 YESTERDAY -- I *thought* I received a fair price... 72-hour Sale? Yikes... (at this point my wheels are spinning -- will I receive a credit or refund and do I have to call the TA...)

Ah - no worries. It looks like they raised posted prices across the board, then put it all on sale. Net-net for the exact same 8C booking is identical today vs. yesterday (after all upgrades and discounts) -- but without the "sale" the pre-discounted price is actually higher. It's clever marketing though...

Carnival sales are generally anything but a sale.
Got to agree with you, rarely does it make a difference. 100.00 OBC but the fare cost 120.00 more. I book early saver and then sometimes the rates come down, some times they don't. Julie G.

Got to agree with you, rarely does it make a difference. 100.00 OBC but the fare cost 120.00 more. I book early saver and then sometimes the rates come down, some times they don't. Julie G.

It would appear that they think lots of their customers are just plain stupid.

I usually try not to post negative things...but the sale is a joke. I'm watching my daughter's honeymoon cruise for price drops/ES credits. Two days before the sale the price went up $50 pp. Well...the "sale" is dropping the price down again...by $50. Dumb.

I thought this was pretty funny:

_1343330973865.png

It's especially funny since the date of the cruise is 8/19/2012. You would have to pay the full fare immediately anyway, so it really doesn't matter that they are offering reduced deposits!

This is hilarious! :eek:

Archived