Keurig Mini coffee make...can you bring one?

NeilD

I'm going to bring a blender, coffee machine, a small nuclear device, 3 cases of coke and a vending machine that I'll set up in my room to make some money

I'll let you know if I have any problems

I can certainly understand your love for your Keurig - I own 3 of their coffee brewers (mini, Elite and Platinum). I also found out that they are extremely prone to power surges. As a matter of fact, the Elite one (middle-sized) is plugged in to a power strip along with a microwave - if the Keurig is in its "warming up" cycle, you cannot use the microwave, it trips the fuse on the power strip. While the mini-brewer wouldn't be as bad, I still wouldn't be surprised if it was confiscated as a fire hazard. Of course, it always depends on the person checking your stuff on embarkation.

Excellent, I always take adapters and a power strip but I suddenly realised that wouldn't help if the supply was only 110V. But one 220V outlet will be fine for charging my smartphone, laptop and 3 cameras...

Thanks for the reassurance.

We use our Keurig coffee maker all the time. Just got a Keurig mini coffee maker and was wondering if they would let you bring one on the ship. I know they have there own coffee makers. Thanks in advance.

If your in a 2 bedroom suite, it has a LaVazza pod coffee maker. Why go through the hassle of bringing a Keurig and pods when you have a great pod machine in the suite?

I'm going to bring a blender, coffee machine, a small nuclear device, 3 cases of coke and a vending machine that I'll set up in my room to make some money

Is this reductio ad absurdum or appeal to ridicule?:D

The ships' power supplies are usually fairly puny affairs son anything that draws a lot of power is likely to be frowned upon.

That having been said what is the power supply like on an NCL ship? I'm assuming it will be US fitments and 110v supplies? But how many sockets are we likely to get? And for the Europeans on board is there any facility for using 220v chargers etc? (I hadn't thought about that until this thread came up!)

Most of the NCL ships were built in Europe and they have European style plugs (two round pins) and supply 220 volts in those plugs.

Each cabin does have at least one or two U.S. style plugs supplying 110 volts (the U.S. standard). Those plugs are not always located in convenient locations.

this question sort of follows along with bringing Coffee makers on board. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to bring one of the Soda Stream Soda Makers on board? SodaStream Carbonators are made of lightweight aluminum to exacting standards set forth by the US Department of Transportation and since it's a C02 cartridge I wasn't sure if they were allowed. I know they are not allowed on airplanes because it's considered a compressed gas.

Just wondering if anyone else makes their own soda and tried to bring one on board a cruise.

Thanks

As you mentioned, you won't get the Soda Stream canister on an airplane, and I doubt if it's even legal in your checked luggage.

As to getting it on the ship, I think you'd better call NCL about that.

Balcony & mini-suites have coffee makers. Not sure about the Spirit.

Suites have some fancy dancy coffee machine. :)

Balcony and mini-suites on most ships have the same kind of 4 cup coffee makers you find in most hotel rooms. NCL provides a filter pack that fits in the basket, but if you want to bring your own coffee you'll need to bring the flat bottom style of filters too.

Penthouse suites and higher on most ships have Lavazza espresso machines. These take a Lavazza pod, and it is NOT interchangeable with the K-cups used in Kuerig machines. Google Lavazza coffee makers for more info.

Penthouse suites and higher on most ships have Lavazza espresso machines. .

Thanks videotech. I couldn't remember the name of them and truthfully was too lazy to search for the name of it ;) :D

I was pretty sure I couldn't but thought I would ask and see if anyone else tried or asked NCL. I don't have to fly anywhere to get to the ship so that's a plus, and there's plenty of time before my cruise so when it gets closer I can call them and ask.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks...That is very helpful...

Is this reductio ad absurdum or appeal to ridicule?:D

ValleyVillage

Sorry to have to track you down but I'm getting fina numbers for our Cruise Critic Events of the Star sailing from New York to New Orleans on 21 Oct 12.

We haven't heard from you for a while. Have you cancelled? Please check in with us at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34703894#post34703894

I wondered about the Soda Stream myself (love it for sparkling water). Got it for Xmas. Think I saw another thread where someone did take it onboard but they were not flying.

There is always a 220 and a 110 outlet available. On the Dawn last week, we found another 110 behind the coffee maker.

Really jdvmd? I've been doing a lot of reading on these posts but haven't seen anything about it yet. I would consider taking mine (even though it's only saving me $30-40 for the price of the soda card, but, I can use that money somewhere else). I guess I'll keep reading, maybe i'll run across it. I'll also start a new thread on just the Soda Stream, maybe i'll hook someone that has brought one on board.

Really jdvmd? I've been doing a lot of reading on these posts but haven't seen anything about it yet. I would consider taking mine (even though it's only saving me $30-40 for the price of the soda card, but, I can use that money somewhere else). I guess I'll keep reading, maybe i'll run across it. I'll also start a new thread on just the Soda Stream, maybe i'll hook someone that has brought one on board.

Here are a few posts including the one I started at after Christmas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645503

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1536993

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1388529

• 5 weeks later...

Hey folks - Newest cruiser here - embarking Carnival ELATION in NOLA next month ~:cool:~

I was wondering about taking MY carbonator - not a SodaStream- went for WAY more portable FIZZ GIZ - way less cost, and fits into a Zip Lock bag! :D

When away from home, it uses the little Co2 Cartridges like fit into a wine opener, or an air gun ~ and its special caps on ANY pop bottle!

THAT is what I want to take with me, 'cause I like to make my own, ~and is less trouble than packing a case of bottled water or whatever.

So - guess from the thread, I'll call Carnival and ask THEM about C02 little cartridges~

Thanks, and smooth waters!

B

Hey folks - Newest cruiser here - embarking Carnival ELATION in NOLA next month ~:cool:~

I was wondering about taking MY carbonator - not a SodaStream- went for WAY more portable FIZZ GIZ - way less cost, and fits into a Zip Lock bag! :D

When away from home, it uses the little Co2 Cartridges like fit into a wine opener, or an air gun ~ and its special caps on ANY pop bottle!

THAT is what I want to take with me, 'cause I like to make my own, ~and is less trouble than packing a case of bottled water or whatever.

So - guess from the thread, I'll call Carnival and ask THEM about C02 little cartridges~

B

You do realize you are on the Norwegian cruiseline board?

B

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This is the NCL board but since you asked the question, I will go ahead and answer it.

No, you will not be able to bring onboard your CO2 cartridge. They are listed under the "Disabling Chemicals & Other Dangerous Items" on the TSA list of prohibited items.

Here is Carnival's policy:

Prohibited items on Carnival ships

In an effort to minimize the misinformation regarding what is and what is not prohibited on Carnival ships I'm posting this recently released list. PLEASE read it carefully. Thank you.

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Large coolers

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

• Firearms (i.e., non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

• Ammunition (i.e., bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant)

• Imitation or replica weapons (i.e., de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, toy weapons, or any other item made, intended or adapted to be used as a weapon)

• Explosives or explosive component parts, (i.e., detonators)

• Fireworks or pyrotechnics (except those previously approved in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic stun guns

• Pepper or mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (i.e., flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, brass knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

• Dive tanks (empty or full), diver spears/slings

• Household goods or tools of trade

• Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

• Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches (Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.)

• Metal detectors

• Medical Marijuana

• Bicycles

• Surfboards

• Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility – must be stored in guest’s stateroom)

• Boats/canoes

• Segways

• Any footwear with wheels, i.e. Heely’s type shoes

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Medical gas bottles/oxygen cylinders: Allowed in connection with a certified medical condition but cannot be packed in baggage. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to guest services and stored in a designated safe area.

• Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.

• Live Animals: Only qualified service animals once approved by Guest Access Services at time of booking.

• Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

• Musical Instruments: Only if the guest is participating in a pre-approved ship performance.

• Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or earpieces when used in public areas.

• Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

• Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.

• DVDs/VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: Due to compatibility issues with stateroom televisions, these items can only be utilized in suites and guests must provide their own RCA cables.

• Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

• Items for In Port Use only: Snorkel gear, skateboards, golf clubs, fishing rods (packed), tennis rackets, kites (packed), roller blades/skates

• 7 months later...

Will your vending machine have corn chips? Haha

Archived