Irie Tour Bus?

Aquarius85

We went with them during Spring Break last year. We had a fun group and ran out of beer just as we were getting to the beach. No worries...the driver had called ahead and they were icing down more as we headed to the beach!

Was it hot during spring break on the buses? I think our timing would be 3-6pm; seems like it could be a hot time to be in open air bus.

We booked a segway tour with them for two weeks from now. i received an email today that they had cancelled all Segway tours because people had been falling off. (Any adult beverages involved, eh?) so they were offering the bus tour as an alternative. Just some more info.

Ohiodoglover

I did the East Side Bus tour with them in October. I enjoyed it a lot. The beach time was only about 45 minutes. I was on the 11:00 am tour and we were given the option to return with the later tour bus if we wanted more beach time. If you plan to do this I would ask about that arrangement beforehand. Also, it includes beach admission only, not the $3 asking price for a beach chair although you don't have to rent the chair to use the beach. The bus stop is also just outside the parking lot of the beach, which is by the Seaquariium. I believe buses from there would return to the Punda terminal. This tour is probably the most reasonably priced tour anywhere. I have read that it is sometimes slow to get a response from Irie, but I have never read a bad review of their tours. The water, soda, and beer were in a cooler at the back of the bus and we were free to have as much as we wanted. It was a very hot day when I did the tour and the beer and water were so refreshing. I don't think you will be disappointed with their tour. Have fun!

After reading all these responses, I believe I will be contacting Irie tours sometime before long.

We will be cruising the end of March, and this sounds great. The only thing we would not care for would be stopping at the liquor factory, but guess we have to go with the flow. I'm glad to see that they will take us to the beach also, which we wanted to do.:)

After reading all these responses, I believe I will be contacting Irie tours sometime before long.

We will be cruising the end of March, and this sounds great. The only thing we would not care for would be stopping at the liquor factory, but guess we have to go with the flow. I'm glad to see that they will take us to the beach also, which we wanted to do.:)

The liquor tasting was only about 20 minutes. It also serves as your bathroom stop!

• 4 weeks later...

From the Carnival Breeze we took this tour over Christmas and I wanted to share a few pictures. We had the best time!!! Great people. What fun, all for $20. Best vacation value we had.

East Side Tour

Coming to visit Curaçao on a cruise ship anytime soon? We have a special new tour for you. We start off in Otrobanda and go over the Queen Juliana Bridge (where you have a breathtaking view of downtown Willemstad). We enter the old Jewish neighborhood where we can see the monuments built by the first Jewish families that came to the island. We stop at the Curaçao liquer distillery where you can try the different flavors of Curaçao liquer. We take a ride through the beautiful Spanish Water area and after that we stop for 45 minutes at the Curaçao Sea Aquarium Beach.

The price for this trip is $20 and includes:

• Soda, bottled water and beer on the bus
  • Free entrance to the beach
  • No hidden charges!

a.jpg

b-1.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

From what I am reading reservations aren't necessary but I would like to know if any of you who have taken the tour recommends that I make them? I would hate to be left out just because I didn't send an email for a reservation but I also read about the difficulties others had with getting in touch with them and I don't want to be frustrated or disappointed.

We made a reservation and they were expecting us. They responded to our email in hours.

The people running the tour are very, very nice. After our tour, our tour guide helped us make a phone call back home to the states with a local calling card. Took us back to their office and placed the call for us. He even offered me a beer while my wife chatted with her family back home about our sick dog. I would certainly take this tour again.

I finally got a response back when I emailed through the "Contact Us" form on their website. I was looking forward to doing the tour, but they don't start the tour until 3:00pm. From what I understand the beach is the last stop on the tour. Just don't think its worth the effort to be at the beach late in the afternoon into evening :( We are in port from 1pm-11pm. I guess we'll just be walking around near the port at the shops, etc. Hope everyone enjoys their tour with Irie Tours.

My husband and I signed up for that tour on our cruise last week.....Let me tell you a few things. We e-mailed them and reserved 2 spots for the tour.....they emailed back and told us what time to meet with them and where.....well we showed up about a half hour early and waited and waited and waited.....no one showed up from Irie Tours so we asked another tour operator standing nearby if they knew anything about Irie Tours.....he told us that tour left already. We were a half hour early and they left already????? The other tour operator told us where Irie Tour office was so we walked to it (it's not far from the port). Well they told us it left early because another cruise ship in port took up all the seats (we were the only ones from our cruise ship, we had a confirmed reservation). So the owner went and got us a taxi to take us on the tour.......it was just an ok tour with this taxi driver....

I do have to say the owner did apologize. Would I go with this tour company again???? probably not :(

That is really to bad that happened to you. I would be very upset.

I contacted them last week thru there website "contact us", and they have not responded.

We are the only ship in town that day on April 9th, so I am still hoping it will work out.

I hope we have time to explore downtown before the tour since I read shops close early. We are in port 1-10pm. 3:00 would be a good tour time for us.

Anyone else having any reviews of there tour with this company would be appreciated.

I contacted them through their web site last week, got an answer about 3 days later, made the reservation, and got the confirmation the next day.

Questions - do people tip the driver? Just want to make sure I have enough money. Also - are you able to get off the bus and take pictures at various places, or are the only stops the Curacao factory and the beach?

I contacted them through their web site last week, got an answer about 3 days later, made the reservation, and got the confirmation the next day.

Questions - do people tip the driver? Just want to make sure I have enough money. Also - are you able to get off the bus and take pictures at various places, or are the only stops the Curacao factory and the beach?

We tipped the driver as he was also our guide and provided all the commentary. We also stopped for a couple of brief photo ops.

Archived