Corner Oceanview rooms

Simplertimes

We've got a cruise booked next year and we got the corner oceanview room with 2 windows (the room is huge!).

Another family member is thinking of coming on the cruise and my first thought was, hey, we have plenty of room - she can stay with us instead of getting a room for a single and paying double the price! Upon further research, I've found that they only allow 2 people in these rooms (2470 and 2473 on the Liberty), even though they are so much bigger than the standard rooms.

In the past, we had a balcony room that had a sofa that was used as a bed for a 3rd person, and the room was much smaller. It's the same sofa that is in the room we're currently booked in.

I haven't called Carnival yet because the person isn't sure she's coming - and the cruise is almost a year away. But, I wanted to know if anyone knew why they had these rules?

I've stayed in cabin 2470 on the Liberty- it is an awesome room. Yes the sofa is sleepable, but the room is considered a 2 sleeper- It would be up to Carnival if they would let you have a thrid person.

This was my first cruise cabin and I was spoiled for all others. Gonna try a balcony this time (January) cause that room was booked. But it will always be my first choice if available

Enjoy- it's a great room

If the cabin is marked for 2 people they will not budge.

My friend had that cabin on Triumph and hated the vibration so much, he got his PVP to put in a huge complaint and he got refunded some money.

I do think Triumph has a terrible vibration in the aft and the other ships are not as bad .. but it would not be that huge of a deal to me to give it up and move to a move convenient location.

If the deckplans are marked "convertible sofa" then it is a cabin for 3, if its just a regular sofa, not marked convertible .. then its not allowed. the deckplans will tell you the answer.

Even tho there may be space, if there isn't a BED...they won't let you. It has to do with lifeboat capacity......if they allowed more folks in a cabin than it could hold, and they sold LOTS of cabins that way, there wouldn't be space on the lifeboats for everyone. It's a safety thing. If you want to add to your booking, you need to change to a cabin that will actually HOLD those folks!

I have this room (2470) booked on the Conquest for my Feb 24th 2013 sailing. I have read there is some vibration in this room when arriving and departing port. I fell in LOVE with the size and booked anyways. The room is HUGE and I don't know why they couldn't book a third in this cabin.

I cruised on the Triumph in Feb with my 4 children. We were booked into 2 interior rooms on the upper deck listed as only a 2 person cabin (Both was listed as 2 berths) but Carnival booked us into those cabins and we had to have a trundle bed as the third bed. Of coarse there was no sofa in that cabin but my point is that these cabins are listed on Carnival's website as Max of 2 berth and they were definitely used as a triple.

I have this room (2470) booked on the Conquest for my Feb 24th 2013 sailing. I have read there is some vibration in this room when arriving and departing port. I fell in LOVE with the size and booked anyways. The room is HUGE and I don't know why they couldn't book a third in this cabin.

I cruised on the Triumph in Feb with my 4 children. We were booked into 2 interior rooms on the upper deck listed as only a 2 person cabin (Both was listed as 2 berths) but Carnival booked us into those cabins and we had to have a trundle bed as the third bed. Of coarse there was no sofa in that cabin but my point is that these cabins are listed on Carnival's website as Max of 2 berth and they were definitely used as a triple.

Well just to start off explaining to you .. read the post about berths on the lifeboat.

Secondly .. ships built thru year 2000 are grandfathered in to allow trundle and rollaways .. no ship built after year 2000 allows them. So Conquest does not have rollaways. simple as that.

Everyone booked into a cabin has to have a bed, Carnival rules. RCL will make exceptions .. but not Carnival. No matter what, if the bed is not marked as a convertible sofa .. OP is out of luck.

It has nothing to do with space in the cabin .. it has to do with space allocated in the lifeboat. Would you be happy if they allowed more than fit and you got to the lifeboat in a emergency and they were like opps, no more space.. sorry we had a large corner cabin we put someone extra into, so now we are short a space.. you can swim ashore.

Well just to start off explaining to you .. read the post about berths on the lifeboat.

Secondly .. ships built thru year 2000 are grandfathered in to allow trundle and rollaways .. no ship built after year 2000 allows them. So Conquest does not have rollaways. simple as that.

Everyone booked into a cabin has to have a bed, Carnival rules. RCL will make exceptions .. but not Carnival. No matter what, if the bed is not marked as a convertible sofa .. OP is out of luck.

It has nothing to do with space in the cabin .. it has to do with space allocated in the lifeboat. Would you be happy if they allowed more than fit and you got to the lifeboat in a emergency and they were like opps, no more space.. sorry we had a large corner cabin we put someone extra into, so now we are short a space.. you can swim ashore.

First idk what post about the berths your referring to.

Secondly...I'm sorry are you asking me if I would be happy I had to swim ashore?

You say those ships were grandfathered in and Can have trundles and rolls ways, got ya but what does that have to do with them adding additional people to a cabin that specifically says it has a max of 2 berths?

I was just commenting on the op's post. Sorry you took such offense to it.

Last... I'm just curious... Can you please tell me why all your comments have to come off so sarcastic? I do have to say while your knowledge of the rules, guidelines and some situations with Carnival is tremendous... You can't expect everyone to know as much as you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I second that!

Last... I'm just curious... Can you please tell me why all your comments have to come off so sarcastic? I do have to say while your knowledge of the rules, guidelines and some situations with Carnival is tremendous... You can't expect everyone to know as much as you do.

Secondly...I'm sorry are you asking me if I would be happy I had to swim ashore?

You say those ships were grandfathered in and Can have trundles and rolls ways, got ya but what does that have to do with them adding additional people to a cabin that specifically says it has a max of 2 berths?

I have no idea how you could come up with such a idea.. makes zero sense to me from what I said.

I said everyone has to have a bed?? It has to do with the muster boats.. that carnival wouldnt relent and counts each person in the muster boat, even if its a baby. Its not a choice.

swim ashore?? And you think Im the one being sarcastic?? really???

No wonder I feel like no matter what I say laterly someone takes it wrong.. I think you are the one being sarcastic, as I was being totally serious and trying to explain the rules.

Im thinking its time for a break from CC .. I explain that Carnival counts every body as a person for muster boats .. and someone takes it as I might want them to swim ashore??

And they think Im the one being sarcastic.

I know on RCL, RCL will make exceptions and has allowed 5 in a inside cabin with 4 beds.

Carnival will never make a exception. Its just how they roll. To state this to me is not being sarcastic in any way. Its the rule.

See ya all tomorrow.. Ive had it with CC and posters here. Seems like so many want to stir the pot all the time.. bored people who want to attack.

Where is the "Explanation?" Just told to read a post about the berths.. No reference to where I could find this information.

Not everyone Knows this.. This site is meant for people to share, exchange and obtain information about one thing we all seem to agree on (well mostly) and that's the love of Cruising. Not everyone knows EVERYTHING!

I have no idea how you could come up with such a idea.. makes zero sense to me from what I said.

Thats where I got that remark from your statement about being happy if they aloowed too many people in one cabin and I had to swim ashore.

I said everyone has to have a bed?? It has to do with the muster boats.. that carnival wouldnt relent and counts each person in the muster boat, even if its a baby. Its not a choice.

swim ashore?? And you think Im the one being sarcastic?? really???

You said it not me. Certainly you can scroll up and reread you post.

No wonder I feel like no matter what I say laterly someone takes it wrong.. I think you are the one being sarcastic, as I was being totally serious and trying to explain the rules.

Maybe its in your approach. Maybe you should press the preview post before immediately posting and ASSuming that everyone else here knows exactly how EVERYTHING works.

My entire point of my post was that I was in a 2 person cabin on the Triumph and was booked into it as a triple... So I Was saying something about that, Did I know that only ships before 2000 allowed rollaways or trundles? No. So thre was no reason to ASSume that we all knew that..

Thanks and now I am done with this.

P.S....

This is not the only post that you come off a little "snarky" or sarcastic.. ijs...

IMHO it's not so much sarcasm as it is just the general tone of the posts. One of the downfalls of forums, you never really know the tone! I agree that you're knowledgable and respect you sharing that, but it's not the first post of yours today that's rubbed me the wrong way with how you responded. Sometimes just a simple answer is all the contribution that's needed, not everyone on here is perfect and getting smart or short with them certainly doesn't help. We were all new at this :P some of us for longer than others, but hey that's how we learn! :)

Anyways off topic but I think the OP did raise a good question!

Amen...

Archived