When will they kick me off?

Found the details. You can check and see if it is available on your sailing...

Leave the ship at your leisure with our newly added Late Departure Program. For a fee, you can remain onboard up until 90 minutes prior to our next sailing. Guests may depart independently throughout the day and up to 90 minutes prior to the next sailing's departure.

With the Late Departure Program you can:

- Relax inside your stateroom until 9:00 am on the day of departure.

- Enjoy some of your favorite onboard services up to 90 minutes prior to the ships scheduled departure time.

- Lounge by the pool or bask in a whirlpool.

- Unwind in our Solarium, Day Spa or Fitness Center.

- Enjoy lunch in the Windjammer Café.

Please note: No exit and re-entry to the ship will be permitted on the day of departure. For your convenience, personal credit cards will be accepted for onboard purchases throughout the day.

Enjoy all the programming offered to our guests coming onboard - a buffet of delicious offerings in our Windjammer, complimentary lemonade, iced tea, water or coffee (specialty coffee excluded), as well as sodas for guests who purchased a Beverage Package for their cruise. Guests wishing to purchase drinks at one of our many bars may use their credit card to do so. Why not spend a few more hours in the sun, treat yourself to a luxurious spa treatment (subject to availability), or utilize any of our public lounges and have a relaxing last day with us? It’s your vacation, you deserve it.

Please note you will need to leave your stateroom by 9am on the morning of departure. Late departure guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck. Luggage for guests purchasing the late departure option will need to be placed outside their stateroom the night prior as is requested with our normal departure process. Bags will be off-loaded with all other luggage and stored in the terminal under supervision. Upon departure, your luggage will be available for pick-up. An onboard lounge will be available for hand luggage, however guests must retrieve carry their own hand luggage and other personal items from the ship on their own upon leaving.

Taxis will be available at the terminal upon departure. Guests who have booked transfers through Royal Caribbean International will have the option to request a later transfer upon signing-up for the Late Departure Program. Contact the Guest Services Desk for more information.

Please note: This program has limited space available.

wow!!!! this is fantastic!!! and they provide a place to leave your carry on luggage which is also great!!

i'd be happy just sitting outside watching the water for the last time....or having lunch at the windjammer at a nice leisurely pace before heading out.....

i love this option!!!!!

so you have to be out of your room by 9, but you can stay onboard until 90 minutes before scheduled sailaway? that is absolutely fantastic!!!!

We are on Brilliance in a few weeks time and I notice that the late departure option is offered in the shore excursions. I wish I had known about this new option earlier but at least I managed to book a business class flight back to the UK at a reasonable price so we can relax in the lounge at the airport and enjoy some complimentary refreshments there.

I've done the paid stay on late option and it was great - the ship is pretty much empty, but we sat on the outside deck - watched the world go by, had a few cold drinks and then lunch and disembarked at our leisure, would definitely recommend it

I've done the paid stay on late option and it was great - the ship is pretty much empty, but we sat on the outside deck - watched the world go by, had a few cold drinks and then lunch and disembarked at our leisure, would definitely recommend it

i'm definitely going to take advantage of this is it's offered on the oasis of the seas when i sail on her next year!!!

it's just fantastic!!!

The cruise is pretty much over when you go to bed the night before.

Debark day has a "get the %$# off the ship" kind of feel.

Normally, I would agree with this statement, but not if you elect this option.

The pool area, Windjammer (after 9:00 am), spa/exercise area are virtually empty. With the added feature of being able to use your credit card, well, why anyone would bother going to a nearby hotel for a guest pass is beyond my comprehension. It is virtually the same environment (maybe if it was an ocean resort and the passengers rarely get to experience the ocean or just love being in the ocean), food may or may not be as good.

I always get up super early to exercise that last morning and sometimes it is closed (regardless of what staff tell you)....but it seems like this would be an option. A nice lunch at a specialty restaurant...yes, loving this big time.

Plus only one schlep of luggage to the airport!

Also, this last day has been very relaxing for us for many years. We always request the latest luggage tags, stay completely out of the way of staff cleaning rooms, and have a great final morning. We are NEVER in a rush to make a flight, which was a not so fun lesson we learned nearly 15 years ago (8 ships pulling into Miami Port, all about 5 hours late...no one made their flights and the cruise line put us up over night in Miami...not fun as we were rookies and didn't have our luggage anymore....no clue where it went....too long ago to remember-ha!).

Still, a great feature. I wonder if there is anyway to find out in advance if this feature will be available....returning to FLL from BCN in November. I still need to make return flights home and this feature could influence our choice of flight times (been to every tourist area in FLL....also, spent a considerable amount of time in FLL).

:-)

The cruise is pretty much over when you go to bed the night before.

Debark day has a "get the %$# off the ship" kind of feel.

That is one thing you have said that I agree with 100%.

Your cruise is over when you go to bed the last night. All that wonderful service you were use to is non existant on debark morning. Everyone is stressed beyond belief and it truly is a "thank you for sailing with royal caribbean now get the #*|| off our ship" type of feeling.

Me personally, I want off as soon as I can get off the ship. I usually have a 9 hour drive ahead of me that I'm ready to get started. I truly hate the last morning. It's very stressful and sad to me.

If I flew and had a late flight I would find somewhere to go in town. That pay extra to stay on board interests me not in the least.

To me, it sounds perfect. I would be so excited to have a leisurely breakfast and head straight to the pool where I would read my book and enjoy that I was able to avoid the mayhem.

To me, it sounds perfect. I would be so excited to have a leisurely breakfast and head straight to the pool where I would read my book and enjoy that I was able to avoid the mayhem.

Actually, it's worth it to avoid the crazy ness of that last morning. Not to mention to have such calmness in those otherwise very busy areas.

I hope I can find out if this is an option on our cruise.

Dawn

Archived