VIFP and Free Tournament Entry

GOUSFBULLS44

Not happy about this at all. Didnt really cost them anything to give it to us.

Yeah, come to think of it there were always spots open no one paid for. Rip off. It'sll be interesting to see the turn out now. May only get 2 rounds out of paying people. Bet the winning amount goes down too.

Hello all going on Fascination September 1st and is the free tournament entry now gone with VIFP and if so the part about not losing anything was completely wrong!!!

PS sorry if this has been all over the board already.

you actually lost about 4 perks .. but this is the one I miss the most. Its the one I used, never used the laundry etc. Dont know if not getting guaranteed dining time will hurt in the future etc.

I liked the free slot tournament myself.

Yeah, come to think of it there were always spots open no one paid for. Rip off. It'sll be interesting to see the turn out now. May only get 2 rounds out of paying people. Bet the winning amount goes down too.

Last time when we had a freebe I played a round just with the dealer and rather boring.

This will certainly not add a bunch of people.icon13.gif

I love slots but have never participated in a tournament. Can someone explain to me how this works?

they turn a bank of machines to 'tournament mode'...you mash the max spin button for whatever the time is, say 5 minutes - you try to get the most credits and are added to the 'leader board' if you get enough credits. Then, there is a 'final round' that everyone competes in...the winner of that round gets the prize and some runners up may get tshirts or some nominal gift.

It is done differently on different ships. For example the Spirit puts the top eight scores into the final round and raffles off two last spots to everyone that played a round (each round received a raffle ticket). On the Valor, the top 10 scores made it to the final round, no raffle. On the Spirit the tournament area was full right before the final round for the raffle and many stayed to see who won the final round. On Valor, only the finalists and maybe one friend or spouse came to see the final round. Not as exciting.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

It is done differently on different ships. For example the Spirit puts the top eight scores into the final round and raffles off two last spots to everyone that played a round (each round received a raffle ticket). On the Valor, the top 10 scores made it to the final round, no raffle. On the Spirit the tournament area was full right before the final round for the raffle and many stayed to see who won the final round. On Valor, only the finalists and maybe one friend or spouse came to see the final round. Not as exciting.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Fascination in May had 8 people each round and used the top 8 scores in the finals. Winner won $500, while the other 7 got nothing.:( I know because I was in the finals, and finished 6th in total score.

Archived