Hilton vs Marriott

dvan68

I have points to use on both of these chains. We are staying 2 nights pre cruise. We have been to PR before, we will be renting a car to head to the rain forest for the full day we have. I am also thinking of El Conquistador since it is closer to the rain forest, and we have done the forts and OSJ before. We have stayed at the Stellaris on our previous stays, but the Hilton properties look nice as well.

So here is my plan - arrive on THU @ 2:30 - figure just do beach/pool for the afternoon and dinner. FRI - rain forest. SAT - drop luggage at ship, then drive to the airport to return car and taxi back to ship.

Any preferences on the hotels? Really the only requirement is that it is a Marriott or Hilton, and have a pool/beach.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

The grounds at both places are really nice. The Hilton has the infinity pool and their beach is protected by the walls so it is much calmer for swimming. The Marriott's pool area was nice and if you like to gamble it is right outside your room. It seemed to me that the Hilton did not have as many shops, restaurants, stores right outside on the main drag but my memory may be failing.

I just looked at the El Conquistador myself because we will have 2 days post cruise and I was kicking around seeing the other side of the island. That resort looks fantastic.

Sheal

The Caribe Hilton is very nice, since you have done the Marriott before, I would give that a try. El Conquistador is great as well. Many of the car rental places run a shuttle, so if you drop off the car, they will shuttle you back to the pier for free, check and see if your rental agency has a shuttle to the pier.

Archived