Does Choice Air purchase include transfers?

Phalst

Maybe the air/sea package means that you book a hotel with them. When we first cruised we booked the hotel through Celebrity and we did NOT pay extra for the transfers - if my memory is correct.

I did Choice Air + Hotel when we went on Med Cruise. We arrived in Venice 3 days before the cruise and stayed in Barcelona 1 night after the cruise. All transfers were included.

Gem:)

I think some of the confusion stems from the fact that there are two options: Choice Air, which is just airfare and has to be paid separately from your cruise, and the air/sea program, which does still exist, and is sold as a package including transfers and frequently hotel. So the website isn't necessarily wrong, it just isn't very clear on the difference between the two.

I have found that the air/sea packages are usually way more expensive than booking the components on your own. Part of that is due to pricing 'per person' whereas a hotel room is priced for two (or more) people.

On our Princess cruise, and I know this is true for Celebrity as well, the cost per person for a transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fairbanks was $28; it was about 1 mile, and the taxi fare (for four) was under $10! So Buyer Beware definitely applies!

I think some of the confusion stems from the fact that there are two options: Choice Air, which is just airfare and has to be paid separately from your cruise, and the air/sea program, which does still exist, and is sold as a package including transfers and frequently hotel. So the website isn't necessarily wrong, it just isn't very clear on the difference between the two.

I have found that the air/sea packages are usually way more expensive than booking the components on your own. Part of that is due to pricing 'per person' whereas a hotel room is priced for two (or more) people.

On our Princess cruise, and I know this is true for Celebrity as well, the cost per person for a transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fairbanks was $28; it was about 1 mile, and the taxi fare (for four) was under $10! So Buyer Beware definitely applies!

And the air/sea program uses Choice Air to buy your tickets!

I did Choice Air + Hotel when we went on Med Cruise. We arrived in Venice 3 days before the cruise and stayed in Barcelona 1 night after the cruise. All transfers were included.

Gem:)

Transfers are included with hotel purchase (as they should be since Celebrity often charges more than double what it would cost to book a similar quality hotel on your own - sometimes far more than double). The transfers had nothing to do with Choice Air.

• 10 months later...
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Here is a link to Celebrity's web page where I found my information. http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

From here you click on Transportation and then on the left you can select Air, Transfers, or Buses. I don't know how anyone could interpret what is on this page to mean anything other than that transfers are included when you purchase air through Celebrity. To make flight reservations the page links you to Choice Air. Purchasing transfers is only mentioned if you make your own flight arrangements. Perhaps Celebrity decided to change its policy but that's not what this page indicates. However everyone who has responded to my question has paid for their transfers. I don't understand why Celebrity hasn't updated this page.

I'm beginning to think they are deliberately trying to confuse people. Who says things like: "transfers will automatically populate the Guest Preference Page." Thanks again for your help.

Um . . . I did what you said and clicked transfers and this is the first paragraph that comes up:

When purchasing a standard Air/Sea package through Celebrity Cruises, the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included. Should you purchase a hotel package with your cruise and standard air, your transportation is included between the airport, hotel and ship. Transfers are not included when flights are purchased through Celebrity's ChoiceAir® and must be purchased separately.

Look at the last sentence.

I know when I book the air/sea package with a pre- or post-cruise hotel, the transfers are always included.

We use choice air occasionally and it has always been good.

How much are Royal Caribbean FLL airport to pier transfers to Port Everglades?

Cabs are readily available and are much cheaper (assuming you are not a party of one in which case they are about the same), faster, easier and more comfortable.

Archived