Does Choice Air purchase include transfers?

Phalst

According to Celebrity's web site, if you book your airline tickets through Celebrity your transfers are included: "When purchasing air transportation through Celebrity Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included." According to reps at Choice Air transfers are not included.

I read through the "sticky" on Choice Air but didn't find an answer; I also read the section on Cruise Air. Even the Choice Air web site is ambiguous about transfers: "As with all of our air programs, ChoiceAir Plus also provides the value of airport transfers and baggage service." When I called Celebrity with this question I was transferred to Choice Air. Even after explaining what is on the Celebrity web site I was told transfers are not and never were included. Sounds to me like transfers are included. Any help is appreciated.

According to Celebrity's web site, if you book your airline tickets through Celebrity your transfers are included: "When purchasing air transportation through Celebrity Cruises (an "Air/Sea Package"), the ground transportation between the airport and the ship is included." According to reps at Choice Air transfers are not included.

I read through the "sticky" on Choice Air but didn't find an answer; I also read the section on Cruise Air. Even the Choice Air web site is ambiguous about transfers: "As with all of our air programs, ChoiceAir Plus also provides the value of airport transfers and baggage service." When I called Celebrity with this question I was transferred to Choice Air. Even after explaining what is on the Celebrity web site I was told transfers are not and never were included. Sounds to me like transfers are included. Any help is appreciated.

I've used Choice Air several times and transfers were never included. I'll be flying to Barcelona on Thursday and if I wanted a transfer to the ship I'd have to pay about $32 pp for the Celebrity transfer.

I've used Choice Air several times and transfers were never included. I'll be flying to Barcelona on Thursday and if I wanted a transfer to the ship I'd have to pay about $32 pp for the Celebrity transfer.

Thank you for sharing that information. This is my first cruise on Celebrity and the first time using Choice Air. We pay for transfers on Princess because we usually book our own flights. The one time we booked flights through Princess (Seattle Air Advantage) all the transfers were included.

If the transfers are not included than Celebrity should correct their web site; it is very misleading.

Have a safe flight. Enjoy your Mediterranean cruise!

When we used Choice Air always went in early and stayed post cruise so transfers never came up.

How was your experience with Choice Air? This issue has me wondering what other statements on the web sites for Celebrity Cruises/Choice Air are similarly misleading.

I don’t know the answer to your question, but the answer should be a simple yes or no.

Where did you find that information? This is what I found. I've never seen any mention of transfers being complimenary.

Ground Transfers

Are Transfers included when we buy Choice Air?

Transfers are offered as an option to ChoiceAir guest when applicable for their travel dates.

How do we add transfers?

If you are arriving on embark/debark days, the transfers will automatically populate on the Guest Preference Page. This can be adjusted based on the guest's individual needs.

What if roundtrip transfers are not being displayed on the Guest Preferences page?

Review your flight dates and times to ensure they match embark and debark days. Transfers are only offered for flights that arrive/depart on embarkation and debarkation days.

We booked our Solstice cruise using Choice Air. We paid for our transfer to the ship as we arrived the same day. We thought Choice Air was great! My husband scoured the internet looking for cheap airfares and no one came close to the price we were offered using Choice Air. We flew on Delta and even got credit with their mileage program.

If you book an air sea package with Celebrity, they have what they call Standard air which includes transfers. This is not the same as booking Choiceair. Booking with Choiceair is no different from booking with any air travel agency except it's owned by Celebrity. They often don't even have very good rates. Booking Celebrity's Standard air might give you a good deal financially but you're at their mercy for choice of flights and you don't get info about your flight until just a bit before the cruise.

If you book an air sea package with Celebrity, they have what they call Standard air which includes transfers. This is not the same as booking Choiceair. Booking with Choiceair is no different from booking with any air travel agency except it's owned by Celebrity. They often don't even have very good rates

Disagre with your statement. Choice Air is owned by Royal Caribbean not Celebrity. I've always found Choice Air rates to be less than other outlets. Example: Leaving from PHL to BCN this Thursday on USAir. Non Stop flight. USAir best price is $1300. Choice Air $1000. Received a $00 rebate since I booked a cruise with a Choice Air special. My price is $600. You need to check prices frequently for the best deal.

They really have to differentiate between Choice Air and Cruise Air (Air/Sea Package) With Choice Air you select your flights, carrier, itinerary and dates (fly in earlier and fly home later if you wish). There is an option of purchasing transfers. The Air/Sea (Cruise Air) assigns the flights with notification of schedule/carrier etc made available to you usually around final payment date. Usually these flights arrive the day of the sailing therefore they have transfers included.

Choice Air is a good product but bundling the two types of options under the same name is really confusing.

Where did you find that information? This is what I found. I've never seen any mention of transfers being complimenary.

Ground Transfers

Are Transfers included when we buy Choice Air?

Transfers are offered as an option to ChoiceAir guest when applicable for their travel dates.

How do we add transfers?

If you are arriving on embark/debark days, the transfers will automatically populate on the Guest Preference Page. This can be adjusted based on the guest's individual needs.

What if roundtrip transfers are not being displayed on the Guest Preferences page?

Review your flight dates and times to ensure they match embark and debark days. Transfers are only offered for flights that arrive/depart on embarkation and debarkation days.

We booked our Solstice cruise using Choice Air. We paid for our transfer to the ship as we arrived the same day. We thought Choice Air was great! My husband scoured the internet looking for cheap airfares and no one came close to the price we were offered using Choice Air. We flew on Delta and even got credit with their mileage program.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Here is a link to Celebrity's web page where I found my information. http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

From here you click on Transportation and then on the left you can select Air, Transfers, or Buses. I don't know how anyone could interpret what is on this page to mean anything other than that transfers are included when you purchase air through Celebrity. To make flight reservations the page links you to Choice Air. Purchasing transfers is only mentioned if you make your own flight arrangements. Perhaps Celebrity decided to change its policy but that's not what this page indicates. However everyone who has responded to my question has paid for their transfers. I don't understand why Celebrity hasn't updated this page.

I'm beginning to think they are deliberately trying to confuse people. Who says things like: "transfers will automatically populate the Guest Preference Page." Thanks again for your help.

Celebrity and ChoiceAir may be joined at the hips, but they are separate entities. ChoiceAir and and "Air/Sea Package" are two different things. If you got air tickets from ChoiceAir, you did not get them from Celebrity.

"... they are deliberately trying to confuse people". I don't the folks doing the web pages are that bright. I ascribe the confusing web page to them not updating the web pages properly from before ChoiceAir existed.

Ground transportation between the airport and seaport is also available.

The above is in the first paragraph explaining Choice Air under transportation. Available doesn't mean included for no charge.

At our Choice Air website you can purchase airline tickets at the best prices, on virtually any airline, and even have access to some terrific Choice Air Specials. Once booked, you'll know your itinerary in advance, your carrier and seat assignments, and that your flights fit perfectly with your cruise vacation. Ground transportation between the airport and seaport is also available. But more importantly, by using Choice Air you don't have to worry if your flight schedule is disrupted. We'll work 24/7 together with our airline partners to rebook your flights, and get you to your port on an alternate flight, or if necessary, to the closest available port.

Celebrity and ChoiceAir may be joined at the hips, but they are separate entities. ChoiceAir and and "Air/Sea Package" are two different things. If you got air tickets from ChoiceAir, you did not get them from Celebrity.

"... they are deliberately trying to confuse people". I don't the folks doing the web pages are that bright. I ascribe the confusing web page to them not updating the web pages properly from before ChoiceAir existed.

Thank you for offering your insight into this issue. For what it's worth the confirmation for my flights from Choice Air has the Celebrity X Cruises logo on both pages. The message begins with a thank you for purchasing my airline travel through "Royal Caribbean International LTD. and Choice Air." The "Package Type" is identified as "Air/Sea." The cost of the air fare was automatically added to my reservation on the Celebrity web site. I was shocked initially when I saw the total; I thought the cost of the cruise had gone up significantly! The name of my "vacation planner" at Celebrity is also included on the confirmation.

The Celebrity web page is not confusing, but it is misleading and should be updated. The Choice Air web page does not explain transfers clearly.

The package that includes transfers is the pre/post hotel option that will get you from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port or reverse. You pay royally for the hotel so they add a perk :). With the pre-choice air package the transfers were included. That system is pretty much non-existent.

No, our choice air purchase did not include transfers. We asked because previous air purchases through Celebrity (or Royal Carribbean) did.

We went with choice air anyway. Their prices was less than we could have booked elsewhere and it provides the comfort of knowing that if we miss the ship due to flight problems they will handle getting us caught up with the ship.

Like anything, shop around and get what works for you.

Thank you for offering your insight into this issue. For what it's worth the confirmation for my flights from Choice Air has the Celebrity X Cruises logo on both pages. The message begins with a thank you for purchasing my airline travel through "Royal Caribbean International LTD. and Choice Air." The "Package Type" is identified as "Air/Sea." The cost of the air fare was automatically added to my reservation on the Celebrity web site. I was shocked initially when I saw the total; I thought the cost of the cruise had gone up significantly! The name of my "vacation planner" at Celebrity is also included on the confirmation.

The Celebrity web page is not confusing, but it is misleading and should be updated. The Choice Air web page does not explain transfers clearly.

That is rather odd because when I booked Choice Air I had to pay for it immediately, it was not added to my reservation total. Hmm.

That is rather odd because when I booked Choice Air I had to pay for it immediately, it was not added to my reservation total. Hmm.

You purchased what I perceive/call the "real" Choice Air"! I am assuming you "chose" you flight, carrier & dates. Cruise Air/Air Sea pkgs are payable with your cruise fare at final. With this option the Choice Air dept makes the flight arrangements for you which are made available to you about 90 days out. iMO these two options should not have the same name as it is totally confusing:(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You purchased what I perceive/call the "real" Choice Air"! I am assuming you "chose" you flight, carrier & dates. Cruise Air/Air Sea pkgs are payable with your cruise fare at final. With this option the Choice Air dept makes the flight arrangements for you which are made available to you about 90 days out. iMO these two options should not have the same name as it is totally confusing:(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then it appears the OP has the Cruise Air option and in that case should get the transfers included. The confusion seems to come in that they think they have Choice Air.

Yes, I picked my date, airline, times etc. I paid for it online and then got a Delta confirmation number and was able to go to the website and upgrade to the Economy Comfort seats.

Did you select your flight? Did you get the times, airline, seat assignments etc?

Now that Celebrity uses choice air instead of including the air in the cruise package, they don't include the transfers. Transfers can be very expensive. Usually there are cheaper alternatives. In many places, a taxi is quicker and cheaper. Before you sign up for a transfer from Celebrity shop your options. On most cruises, I usually find a less expensive way. Also, use the Connections Roll Call to hook up with other people on your sailing. I have shared taxis with many people. If you see people waiting at the airport for a taxi and they have Celebrity luggage tags , don't hesitate to offer to share a ride.

Did you select your flight? Did you get the times, airline, seat assignments etc?

Like you I paid for my airfare when I booked it online with Choice Air, so I was surprised when my "total vacation" cost was increased by the amount of the airfare. Despite the increase in the total my balance due didn't change. The airfare was posted as a paid deposit so I now have an air/sea package! I did select my flight, and received a US Airways confirmation number. My seats were assigned, but I was able to change them.

I've finally had an AHA! moment after reading all the thoughtful responses to my original post. I get it now: Celebrity changed their air/sea program and its components without changing the information on its related web page. It was easier just to change the name and add the direct link to Choice Air without taking the time to change the Transportation page and the information on Air and Transfers on their site. Frankly I'm surprised more people haven't complained to Celebrity about the glaring discrepancies between the description of Choice Air and the actual program. Hopefully Celebrity will update this information soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to my question.

Now that Celebrity uses choice air instead of including the air in the cruise package, they don't include the transfers. Transfers can be very expensive. Usually there are cheaper alternatives. In many places, a taxi is quicker and cheaper. Before you sign up for a transfer from Celebrity shop your options. On most cruises, I usually find a less expensive way. Also, use the Connections Roll Call to hook up with other people on your sailing. I have shared taxis with many people. If you see people waiting at the airport for a taxi and they have Celebrity luggage tags , don't hesitate to offer to share a ride.

Thank you for your suggestions. We will definitely look into alternatives to the transfers.

How was your experience with Choice Air? This issue has me wondering what other statements on the web sites for Celebrity Cruises/Choice Air are similarly misleading.

Transfers are NOT included if u book w/Choice Air, (although they should be...)

I thought Choice Air ws fine....They offered the cheapest air from Los Angeles, and believe me, I looked....

Archived