Alaska Airlines

momthecruisedirector

Flights are still running late. I'm in Juneau and the flights in and out of Juneau/Seattle/Anchorage have been running consistently late for the past 2 weeks. I fly to Seattle tomorrow afternoon and am planning for a delay.

AS' on-time performance has been miserable longer than that, and system-wide. It's getting to be a joke. I doubt if the replacement of the bag handlers has had anything to do with it; it seems more to be the result of airport congestion and domino delays originating in California.

According to an AS employee on another travel board today, bag delays at SEA are now back down to normal range, i.e., 20-25 min. to the carousel.

Traffic and load factors are WAY up across the country, so travelers shouldn't cut it too tight regardless of their itineraries or air carriers.

We Fly out of Seattle after our cruise on AA..and the fight we had booked was actually moved up several hours...which was no good for us, because of docking time. The next flight does not go out until much later in the evening...bummer!

We have an upcoming flight on Alaska Air to Seattle the first week of July so I hope all of this is settled by then. We are going in the day before our cruise but if the flight gets cancelled I doubt we'll be able to get another as it would be last minute and we're four people. Maybe I should start to check out the other airlines now just in case. Has Alaska Air cancelled a lot of their flights in the past?

Please keep us updated.

Ok, we are set to leave the 17th of July flying into Fairbanks. We have not received our flight info yet! There are only a few airlines that fly into Fairbanks, Alaksa of course being one of them. As I see it there are 2 flights we will possibly get. Lax-sea-fai or lax-anc-fai. They are all on Alaska.

Do I need to worry? We are on a cruise tour that actually begins the 18th in Fairbanks. There are 10 of us.

Thanks,

Laura

I don't see any reason to worry. Even if your bags miss a connection (which they probably won't) they'd get to you quickly as Alaska has numerous daily flights and a professional bag-tracing system. Note the labor problem is mainly limited to Seattle; other AS stations went to contract bag workers some time ago.

We're planning to fly into Seattle the day before the cruise, so I'm not worried about these issues with AA before the cruise. But we had been planning to fly home the day of the cruise. We've never done that before, and I'm not sure what time I should book the flight departure. Could they cancel my flight? I don't know what to do.:confused:

Archived