Morning of Embarkation in Miami

jspqld

We will be travelling on a cruise out of Miami in a few months time.

Our plane gets into Miami at about 7am and we are wondering what to do for a few ahours before we head to the Port. Obviously we will have luggage with us. We have been to Miami before & are just thinking we might head down to South Beach & enjoy a nice long lazy breakfast somewhere, but any other ideas would be much appreciated.

With luggage breakfast in SB will be a hassel - you could store your bags at MIA and breakfast in SB, but then you'd need to cab back to MIA to collect your bags and then cab to POM -- $85-100 for three cab fares does not sound very relaxing? :confused: I guess you could wait until about 9, cab to POM, try to check your bags in (while others are still leaving the ship) and then cab to SB for a late breakfast - then cab back to POM for check in -- still does not sound relaxing to me.

Your best bet is to enjoy breakfast inside MIA (there is a hotel inside the airport, cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel :o with dining) or take the free hotel shuttle to the nearby Hilton, tip them to watch your bags while you enjoy breakfast in their dining room (it will not be cheap! :eek:), and then cab to POM. Good luck! :)

With luggage breakfast in SB will be a hassel - you could store your bags at MIA and breakfast in SB, but then you'd need to cab back to MIA to collect your bags and then cab to POM -- $85-100 for three cab fares does not sound very relaxing? :confused: I guess you could wait until about 9, cab to POM, try to check your bags in (while others are still leaving the ship) and then cab to SB for a late breakfast - then cab back to POM for check in -- still does not sound relaxing to me.

Your best bet is to enjoy breakfast inside MIA (there is a hotel inside the airport, cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel :o with dining) or take the free hotel shuttle to the nearby Hilton, tip them to watch your bags while you enjoy breakfast in their dining room (it will not be cheap! :eek:), and then cab to POM. Good luck! :)

If you take the cruise line shuttle , they will probably take you to a hospitality room in a hotel near the port . The hotel will have a restaurant or one nearby . Probably also cheaper then using taxi's.

If you take the cruise line shuttle , they will probably take you to a hospitality room in a hotel near the port . The hotel will have a restaurant or one nearby . Probably also cheaper then using taxi's.

Unless this is part of a cruise tour or included in your cruise air package (something I have never purchased), I have never heard of a cruiseline transfer that included a stop at a hotel for breakfast. :confused:

Typically they gather passengers in the baggage claim area and load busses -- when the bus is full (which could be a LONG wait if you are the first on the bus :mad:) it heads straight to the port.

Unless this is part of a cruise tour or included in your cruise air package (something I have never purchased), I have never heard of a cruiseline transfer that included a stop at a hotel for breakfast. :confused:

Typically they gather passengers in the baggage claim area and load busses -- when the bus is full (which could be a LONG wait if you are the first on the bus :mad:) it heads straight to the port.

Transfers are separate from cruise air or cruise tour. You can buy them thru your TA or directly from the cruise line (but not at the airport) .

our last Hawaii ruise we flew in the morning of the cruise. Because we arrived at noon we directly to the ship. If we had taken an earlier flight they would of taken us to a hospitality room until it was time to board the ship. According to the cruise line rep it was in a hotel where there was coffee and pastries available. If you wanted the hotel had a full service restaurant if you needed a proper meal.

Archived